Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Almobile's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 3:13 AM

ATT changed data plan without my approval or consent!

ATT is sneaking in change customers' data plan without customer awareness, without my approval or my consent. 

It doesn't matter how much has increased even $1. My money and ATT does to every subscribers,,, then ATT is making more of 150M subscribers x $5? 

What is going on?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

ATT USED to be a great company but within  The past five years now they completely have absolutely no regard for the customer.  Every time I call I get an inaccurate information or somebody that you cannot even understand.  Asking for a supervisor or manager is a complete joke session they don’t do anything for you whatsoever.  I have been a customer since 1984 and they could care less I am switching over to Verizon since they blow so bad 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I was told by a supervisor that everyone received a text message.  Not that it was on the printed bill.  I don’t get the printed bill and I only look at my current charges at the bill on the app. Why was I told I had received a text message with this info when so many people here are saying they were told the same thing and never received a text either?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

They say you have no overage charges when  you go over your data plan so automatically increasing your data and charging you for it is a total scam they should be totally disgusted by gouging their customers like this  but of course AT&T cares nothing about the customers anymore and just wants to get your bill raised up at any chance they get .  Almost every time I call they offer me a free phone and don’t say anything about it adding a

To your account . AT&T worst customer service and company now as far as I’m concerned

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@JayneAnn wrote:

Not that it was on the printed bill.  

It was on the printed bill OR the PDF bill on-line.

I don’t get the printed bill and I only look at my current charges at the bill on the app.

That's a choice, but that does miss information if you don't look at the digital information.

Why was I told I had received a text message with this info when so many people here are saying they were told the same thing and never received a text either?

Someone screwed up something.

QUESTION: If you had gotten the text last month or read the bill, would you have been happier? Would you have done something differently?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jmastanduno wrote:

They say you have no overage charges when  you go over your data plan so automatically increasing your data and charging you for it is a total scam they should be totally disgusted by gouging their customers like this  but of course AT&T cares nothing about the customers anymore and just wants to get your bill raised up at any chance they get .  Almost every time I call they offer me a free phone and don’t say anything about it adding a

To your account . AT&T worst customer service and company now as far as I’m concerned

Why are you still whining about this? 

We have said it many, many times, ATT has EVERY right to increase prices.  They did not have to double the data plan.  If you don’t like the increase in both, CHANGE YOUR PLAN. The Flex plan is cheaper for most for slightly more or the same amount of data.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I notice everything allowed to stand in this forum defends unethical actions of AT&T. Ethics are not about what you CAN do...they are about what you SHOULD do.  My wireless bill went from $150 to $600 without my consent. What do you call that??? 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

6 years ago

@lisaeylau wrote:

I notice everything allowed to stand in this forum defends unethical actions of AT&T. Ethics are not about what you CAN do...they are about what you SHOULD do.  My wireless bill went from $150 to $600 without my consent. What do you call that??? 

I call that a drastic change or a major error. What is different between the bills? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lisaeylau wrote:

I notice everything allowed to stand in this forum defends unethical actions of AT&T. Ethics are not about what you CAN do...they are about what you SHOULD do.  

Just because we suggest common sense for the customer in no way defends anything.

If I was talking to a salesperson who screwed a customer, I'd shame them, BUT they aren't who is posting.

It's customers posting in the forum, often customers who didn't read their bill or read the offer or keep a copy of receipts. Customers who are yelling(!!!!!!) that someone didn't tell them, but it comes down them not reading it and making unfounded accusations that they were given NO notice (and they were). This isn't supporting AT&T, it's correcting a false assumption.

It's not like people are posting questions suggesting conversation: "Who thinks AT&T should have promoted this better?" Or "How many of you got notification other than the message mixed in with the news?" 

I've posted many times that they let people know about this poorly. And I think AT&T did themselves a disservice by doubling data (which gives the perception of changing plans) and charging more. I feel they could have done better by just raising the price of the plan $5 (after promoting the heck out of it) and not confusing it with giving "data" people don't want.  If people call in and complain, give them the doubled data.

Or double the data and raise the prices $5 a few months later.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lisaeylau wrote:

My wireless bill went from $150 to $600 without my consent. What do you call that??? 

Maybe you should have led with that. You're posting in a thread about a $5 or $10 increase with data doubling including.

You've got $450 in charges and you provided ZERO data on that. Obviously, there is a reason for that.

Again, we have a customer trying to make AT&T look like an idiot, but are realistically posting ZERO useful information for other readers or to get assistance. How can you expect people in the forums support you, when that is the way you present yourself and your information?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40   

Maybe YOU should read my “doggone” post.  Seems others on here were told they were notified by text message.  Your comments are rude and of no value to me.  So do not respond to my posts if you can’t even comprehend what I’m saying.  I notice you like to put your condescending snotty little comments on quite a few posts on this thread.

🙄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.