Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Almobile's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 3:13 AM

ATT changed data plan without my approval or consent!

ATT is sneaking in change customers' data plan without customer awareness, without my approval or my consent. 

It doesn't matter how much has increased even $1. My money and ATT does to every subscribers,,, then ATT is making more of 150M subscribers x $5? 

What is going on?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@MCA wrote:
Customers should definitely read their bills - this is the responsible
thing to do.
May I add terms of service.  
Companies must be ethical in their practices and uphold
policies that are fair and legal.
Again terms of service.  
The two statements are true and are not
mutually exclusive. Please exercise those brain cells, multitask a little
and try to embrace these two simple concepts. A long-term prescriptive
response to fraud cannot be for customers to check bills lol.
Assuming there is any, which in this context, there is not.  
The long term
solution must be to stop companies in their fraudulent practices. Common
sense ... is not at all common. (Sigh).
Agree.  But that is off topic for this thread.  

Within the scope of the topic of the thread, there is no violation of ethics, fairness or legality, nor commission of fraud or deception on ATT’s part.  

All carriers have gradually raised prices in the past 3 years.  Very few have done so by changing the price on a retired or existing plan.  

If you have a complaint about “can ATT do this” file it with the FCC and let us know how it goes. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Yep I just realized it and apparently it happened a few months ago so they’ve managed to take hundreds of dollars from me that I didn’t need. I use 1.5 gb of data on average per month. I own my own phone I paid upfront and my bill is $104/month????? Goodbye AT&T you overstepped the boundary here I had no idea you were silently ripping me off while I entrusted you to debit my account. Guess what? Today I am switching to Xfinity mobile. I am buying my iPhone XS Max upfront. Guess what my monthly phone bill is going to be? $24! Yes! Only $24 and that is shared with Verizon America’s best coverage so I will have a better phone and save $75/month for my phone services. Heck I could save the $1,000 upfront purchase of my phone and take their payment plan of $44 plus the $24 monthly phone bill and still save money at $68/mo which the more I think about it I may just do and go buy me something nice and start using the Xfinity annual trade in plan and live with that amount which was what you originally charged me when I started services and owned my own phone. Good lord I feel like a sheep right now. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice we’ll... I hope the rest of you get smart. I loved At&t and was loyal for the longest time and even used direct tv now. Funny I upgraded Xfinity to gigabit speed and they gave me 200 free channels including starz and hbo for free with all the on demand and dvr features. That’s another $45/mo I’m going to save. I feel like I was reaching for soap in the shower and shoved in the corner while being water boarded. You’ve lost a loyal customer in being dishonest.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Uguessedit wrote:

I use 1.5 gb of data on average per month. I own my own phone I paid upfront and my bill is $104/month?????

Posts like this just crack me up. Why haven't you changed your plan to a more appropriate cheaper plan before now?

Yep I just realized it and apparently it happened a few months ago so they’ve managed to take hundreds of dollars from me that I didn’t need.

Hundreds? Then you have something else going on, they raised some plans $5 or $10 a few months ago, if you got charged hundreds, then it's something else on your plan.

I am buying my iPhone XS Max upfront.

the more I think about it I may just do and go buy me something nice

You don't consider the XS Max to be "nice"?

Guess what my monthly phone bill is going to be? $24! Yes! Only $24 and that is shared with Verizon America’s best coverage so I will have a better phone and save $75/month for my phone services.

You have a better phone because you bought a better phone, NOT because you switched carriers.

You're saving a lot more money because you picked a more appropriate plan.

If you have picked a more appropriate plan ages ago you could have saved lots with AT&T.

I'm not sure what plan you got for $24 a month, but that's gotta be either a promo price or prepaid. Please provide a link..

Good lord I feel like a sheep right now.

Well yeah, you did nothing for yourself. You paid way too much for a plan you didn't use. I check appropriate plan prices for me several times per year.

So you looked around for better prices. If you had done that before at AT&T, you obviously wouldn't have had such a crazy drop in price.

Funny I upgraded Xfinity to gigabit speed and they gave me 200 free channels including starz and hbo for free with all the on demand and dvr features.

So you switched to a completely different service and they gave you another promo (or package). Be sure to watch your prices as things change.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Gary L

Xfinity Mobile is running like google Fi.  If you have their internet and TV, it’s cheaper.  It’s running on their Wifi and Verizon.   It’s either pay by the gig ($12) or unlimited for $45.   

It’s  a unique service.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L

Xfinity Mobile is running like google Fi.  If you have their internet and TV, it’s cheaper.  It’s running on their Wifi and Verizon.   It’s either pay by the gig ($12) or unlimited for $45.   

It’s  a unique service.    

So something between prepaid and MVNO? But with some WiFi voice calling tossed in?

Plus, they are saving even more because they bundled and they don't seem to realize that?

And the 200 free channels with the GB internet that has no price mentioned, sigh...

Does someone who uses 1.5GB a month on cellular really need gigabit at home? but the free channels make it a selling point?

Regardless, they could have saved a lot of money by switching their plan with AT&T years ago to a 3GB postpaid plan or prepaid plan in less time than it took to make an account and make that post.

Whatever plan they were on, it sounds like they could have saved money with an unlimited plan and they could have gotten "free channels" too!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Gary L

Yes, changing plans, especially if you BYOD.  $35 prepaid and no increase in home bill.  Those “free” channels aren’t free anymore as they start billing for them after months 13 to 24, just like most carriers, the contract has a catch.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L

Yes, changing plans, especially if you BYOD.  

They mentioned they had paid up front for the phone in post #123. So I don't know what they were paying $104 for...

Those “free” channels aren’t free anymore as they start billing for them after months 13 to 24, just like most carriers, the contract has a catch.

And it's likely a contract for that too. (Maybe not for the phone service)

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

5 years ago

As far as I can tell about Xfinity Mobile, they certainly don't charge a fee per line, (technically, they do but if you are keeping at least one other line of business from Xfinity, like cable, for example, the line fee is credited to the mobile account each month), but if you wound up just keeping the mobile service from Xfinity and nothing else, they charge around 10.00 per line.

The main catch with Xfinity Mobile is that you have to have their internet service before you can sign up for the mobile service.

Cost-wise though, that comes down to a couple of things, but the pricing there is straightforward.

As far as AT&T raising prices, the only other time I've seen my bills increase was from a few taxes in my area that had gone up, (we actually had an election not too far back where the city I was in was proposing two new taxes in order to build a new convention center that got shot down with a resounding "NO!" from us.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also saw an increase on my Nov 2019 wireless bill because ATT charged me for a data plan upgrade from 2GB to 4GB without my authorization.  I called ATT and the rep reset my wireless plan back to 2GB and applied a credit to my account.   I always check my monthly bill for these types of extra/unauthorized charges that the company tries to sneak in, because they have done it in the past.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

4 years ago

@snowdenc wrote:

I also saw an increase on my Nov 2019 wireless bill because ATT charged me for a data plan upgrade from 2GB to 4GB without my authorization.  I called ATT and the rep reset my wireless plan back to 2GB and applied a credit to my account.   I always check my monthly bill for these types of extra/unauthorized charges that the company tries to sneak in, because they have done it in the past.

Well, you can expect the increase next month, or maybe in January. Is a price increase, the increase in data is irrelevant.  If you do not like the new price, your options are to change plans, or change service providers. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.