Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Almobile's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 3:13 AM

ATT changed data plan without my approval or consent!

ATT is sneaking in change customers' data plan without customer awareness, without my approval or my consent. 

It doesn't matter how much has increased even $1. My money and ATT does to every subscribers,,, then ATT is making more of 150M subscribers x $5? 

What is going on?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

ATT is kinda of forcing you when they make the sneaky decision to change
your data plan and then charge you for it...A dealership would not switch
the 2018 car you have agreed to buy to a 2019 car, and present you with a
higher bill.

Anyways, of course, changing to another provider is an option.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

I’m actually liking this.   It will encourage customers to think more ‘mobile’, as in being able to take their phones and switch carriers at will.   Unlocked phones have become more popular and competitive. That in turn would force carriers to be more competitive it customers can leave at any time.  

Carriers are currently controlling churn with phone installments over 24 or 30 months and BOGO offers that lock them in to get all credit.  But it’s a better alternative for customers to buy on sale somewhere like Best buy, and be able to walk away at the end of a month.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Pam018 wrote:
Your TV provider cannot force you to pay for added programming like HBO or
Showtime if you don't want to...

They can't "force" (that's really a horrible word to use) you, but they certainly can add HBO to your TV package and raise the price. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I do notify the grocery store when they are no longer carrying what I need. I'm not going to pay more money for more than what I need and have the rest go to waste. I'm not going to pay more for a newer car with more bells and whistles if I am fine with the older car that is less and meets what I want.

So I'm not going to pay more for a plan that is 12GB when I rarely used the 6GB my old, cheaper plan was on. They switched it without any indication - no texts, no emails, no phone calls, no voice mails - and I don't know why when I've given no consent for my data to be suddenly doubled at a higher cost. Did the old 6GB flex plan go away, is this new plan actually a better deal?? I have no clue because AT&T hasn't told me a fraking thing, but simply changed my plan and I guess hoped I'd be none the wiser!

All you people out there who apparently are fine with throwing money out windows need to stop spitting on those who want to be informed. When other utilities go up in cost, you are informed. When rents change, you are informed. Only with data and cable it seems they decide we are all too stupid to care. Well guess again AT&T, we want to know why you are changing things and have the capability to make decisions. Receive no notification is preventing us from having the ability to efficiently change to other carriers or alter plans before we are billed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I do notify the grocery store when they are no longer carrying what I need. I'm not going to pay more money for more than what I need and have the rest go to waste. I'm not going to pay more for a newer car with more bells and whistles if I am fine with the older car that is less and meets what I want.

So I'm not going to pay more for a plan that is 12GB when I rarely used the 6GB my old, cheaper plan was on. They switched it without any indication - no texts, no emails, no phone calls, no voice mails - and I don't know why when I've given no consent for my data to be suddenly doubled at a higher cost. Did the old 6GB flex plan go away, is this new plan actually a better deal?? I have no clue because AT&T hasn't told me a fraking thing, but simply changed my plan and I guess hoped I'd be none the wiser!

All you people out there who apparently are fine with throwing money out windows need to stop spitting on those who want to be informed. When other utilities go up in cost, you are informed. When rents change, you are informed. Only with data and cable it seems they decide we are all too stupid to care. Well guess again AT&T, we want to know why you are changing things and have the capability to make decisions. Receive no notification is preventing us from having the ability to efficiently change to other carriers or alter plans before we are billed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@cybebe

For the The I don’t know how manyeth time, switch to the Flex plan.  5 gigs is $50.  I believe the 6 gig plan was $60.  All the perks are the same.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

6 years ago

@cybebe wrote:

So I'm not going to pay more for a plan that is 12GB when I rarely used the 6GB my old, cheaper plan was on. \

OK, then don't. Find a different plan. Complaining about it on an online forum won't change anything. 

They switched it without any indication - no texts, no emails, no phone calls, no voice mails - and I don't know why when I've given no consent for my data to be suddenly doubled at a higher cost.

Once again, AT&T doesn't need your consent, though many, many people have indicated they received notification, so I'd be surprised if you did not. 

Did the old 6GB flex plan go away, is this new plan actually a better deal??

You have the Mobile Share Advantage Plan, not a flex plan. 

I have no clue because AT&T hasn't told me a fraking thing, but simply changed my plan and I guess hoped I'd be none the wiser!

AT&T isn't not trying to hide anything: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100

All you people out there who apparently are fine with throwing money out windows need to stop spitting on those who want to be informed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@cybebe wrote:

They switched it without any indication - no texts, no emails, no phone calls, no voice mails - and I don't know why when I've given no consent for my data to be suddenly doubled at a higher cost.  

I have no clue because AT&T hasn't told me a fraking thing, but simply changed my plan and I guess hoped I'd be none the wiser!

No, if you check your bill from the month before, they should have notified you in the "news" section.

Did the old 6GB flex plan go away, is this new plan actually a better deal??

Actually, it's a killer deal But if you're not going to use it, it's not a deal for you.

But... Sometimes it changes peoples perceptions of their smartphone, a buddy used to have a 200MB plan, and he'd fight to keep his data low. He didn't use his expensive smartphone and kept it dumb and I couldn't get him to get a higher data plan.  When we switched plans around he jumped up to 3GB (as we were now splitting a 10GB plan 3-ways) and he felt like he had a new phone it made all the difference for him and changed the way he used the smartphone, other than watching long videos and updating apps he uses it exactly the same now...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for linking that article. Honestly figured if I shouted loud enough
then someone would get me an answered and it worked 😄
Now I can switch to this 6GB mobile share blah blah plan and save $15. So
thanks~~~~

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@cybebe wrote:
Thanks for linking that article. Honestly figured if I shouted loud enough
then someone would get me an answered and it worked 😄
Now I can switch to this 6GB mobile share blah blah plan and save $15. So
thanks~~~~

Please let up know if they still let you switch to the newer doubled plans.

Make sure you call the plan by the correct name, they canceled the Mobile Share Blah plans a few years ago, on top of them costing too much and not having much data, there was something about them not sounding appealing enough 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.