Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Clarebear's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 11:58 PM

Why don't you PLEASE bring back Hallmark channel

I only get to watch the Hallmark Channel when I go to my son's house and watch it on DirecTV. It's wholesome television some of which we are lacking on Uverse. Please consider bringing it back. It's been gone from Uverse too long.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@ji785s wrote:

You shouldnt need to reset the Receivers at all, unless there is a communication to the Video Hub for getting the guide information. However that shouldnt stop you from going to the channel directly just prevent you from seeing the channel in the TV Guide.

I don't know nuthin' bout no Video Hub but Hallmark is not showing up on the box I have NOT rebooted and it IS on the BR TV that I rebooted last night.  If I press 1366, it goes to Oxygen 1368.  I even went to 'hide channels' to see if it was there so I could put a check next to it but it was not. 

That's alls I knows.....I'm going to reboot my other boxes now.

I wonder if they are referring to the RG?

Anywhoo @skeeterintexas I had to do a restart on two boxes  and haven't checked the third (DVR) box.  But I now have them.

Perhaps.  Admittedly, most of the time a new channel will show up with no resetting needed.  I thought it odd that I had to reset the boxes.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@skeeterintexas I did not have to reset the DVR box.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

I had to do a restart on a television last night to get the Hallmark channels. However, I checked another television this morning, and the Hallmark channels were there without me doing a restart.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

I want to say I had to reboot when FSC HD first appeared on 1654, but maybe I'm making things up...or was that another channel?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall, thank you for the update.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Happy days are here again!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I love both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and a very pleased to see that ATT is offering these channels, however, why is Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on ALL packages except U200 and UBasic?  I can certainly understand this channel not being included on the U-Basic package BUT to include on U-Family and NOT on U200 - a higher priced plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

9 years ago

@rp_0630 wrote:

I love both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and a very pleased to see that ATT is offering these channels, however, why is Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on ALL packages except U200 and UBasic?  I can certainly understand this channel not being included on the U-Basic package BUT to include on U-Family and NOT on U200 - a higher priced plan?

The U-Family is a "specialty tier" of sorts, designed to put together a plan of family-friendly channels only. HMM is in that Family package. However, as a more specialized channel, it has been placed in the U300 and above packages. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@rp_0630 - @MicCheck is right, AND the placement of Hallmark Movies and Mysteries was where it was in 2010 before the channels were pulled from U-Verse.  

Also understand that Crown Media, Hallmark's TV owners also agreed to the placement.

It could be worse: The Lifetime Read Women channel is only carried on U-450 - U-Verse's highest package.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@rp_0630 wrote:

The U-Family is a "specialty tier" of sorts, designed to put together a plan of family-friendly channels only. HMM is in that Family package. However, as a more specialized channel, it has been placed in the U300 and above packages. 

Indeed.

Without looking it up, I believe U-Basic is really not much more other than the "barker" channels which promote AT&T services, local channels, the other advertising channels and access to purchase the $10 HD lineup, the movie channels and the foreign-language channels.

As said, U-Family was put together to appease a FCC requirement. We'll never know, but most likely, Crown's requirement was that the channel reach a certain percentage of subscribers. U-300 fit that requirement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.