Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 2:39 AM

Programming on 12/15 (Esquire, Chiller and Cloo)

Esquire is going away.

Chiller and Cloo go from U-200 to U-300.

From http://programmingchanges.att.com

Effective December 15, 2016, Esquire Network (channel 380 SD and 1380 HD and West channel 381) will be removed from U-verse.

Effective December 15, 2016, Chiller (channel 153) will no longer be included in the U200 package. Chiller will still be available in the U300 and above packages.

Effective December 15, 2016, Cloo (channel 161) will no longer be included in the U200 package. Cloo will still be available in the U300 and above packages.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

6 years ago

The content providers package their channels the same way as DTV and they don't change the price they charge DTV if a channel(s) is removed.  So why should DTV?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not talking about other providers I'm talking about the one I'm paying for. If I am paying to watch Chiller, FOX 40 or any other channel, I expect when I turn to those channels to actually see a picture not a message telling me the channel is no longer available to me.  So if you have no problem with paying for dead air more power to you, I personally am upset about it.   Sure the corporate big wigs won't care one why are the other, but I can make my feelings know as much as I wish.  Now you have a blessed day.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You are not paying for individual channels, you are paying for a package. One channel being removed because the channel no longer exists does not really change your package, hence it does not change the package price. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

6 years ago

The content providers own the channels and they put them into packages then sell them to DTV,Dish and all other providers.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

6 years ago

You are not paying for Chiller. It no longer exists, their parent company shut them down. This is one of the reason why all TV providers have in their terms that channels are subject to change. There is never a guarantee that you will get any specific channel for life or that a change in a channel would lower the bill.

If Chiller was your only reason to be in Ultimate, the new Preferred Xtra package, or perhaps the grandfathered (and more expensive) Choice Xtra Classic then call Directv to lower the package. Here's their number, call them maybe...: 1-800-531-5000

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Which brings me back to my original question, if I am steadily losing channels my is my bill remaining the same!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

As my header stated THIS IS CRAZY

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

6 years ago

Networks keep increasing what they charge the TV providers. As the TV provider's (Directv, Dish, Cox, Cableone, Comcast, etc) costs increase, they have to pass on some of that to the customer to compensate. Prices go up over the years, just look at gas prices. A single channel going away does not make up for the increases across all the other channels.

Since Chiller was only available starting in the current top tier package Ultimate, before Premier which has all the premium networks, then you can lower you package to save money. And if you watch little to no sports, at least not the RSNs (the RSN fee goes away), then go to Preferred Xtra which is more cost effective. Even if you add on the Encore pack to Preferred Xtra, it is still cheaper than Ultimate.

Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

do you want the cost to go up every time a channel is added also?

yes channels are added

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

6 years ago

On a side note:  Does ANYONE read the posts in a given thread???? 

How many ways can you say "NBCUniversal killed Chiller....It no longer exists...anywhere..."?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.