Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

5 years ago

@spfarms1 

DirecTV has reached an agreement CBS. This only affects stations they own, which also includes the Smithsonian channel.

They are still negotiating with Nexstar Media Group, which owns local affiliate stations (some of which are CBS affiliated) across the country. Hoping this one doesn't go on much longer so that Nexstar will finally return the channels to everyone. Negotiations can take awhile even being polite, not just "bickering like a bunch of preschoolers" as you claim. Even mature adults can take some time to come to terms with each other. They wouldn't expected to be yelling at each other saying "get your crap together".

Not only do several media announcements clarify, but also AT&T's official site https://tvpromise.att.com/ details the differences between CBS and Nexstar. You can also verify using a lookup option on that page to see if you are affected by CBS directly, Nexstar, or some other local affiliate.

It would be impossible for any TV provider to guarantee a specific channel will always be there as they don't own the channels. Certainly they hoped to come to an agreement before the current one ended, or that an extension would have been allowed (at current rate, not a increased amount), while they continue to talk. This is why all TV providers have a clause in their Terms of Service that channels can change at any time. As such, they are not in breach of contract.

So be patient while they work on negotiations. If you cannot handle being without the channel, and good internet is not available for you, then plug a regular antenna into your TV to get the free broadcast (assuming you can get the signal of course).

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

ATT has failed us again.  We are paying for service and not getting it.  We have not received the local CBS station since July 03, 2019.  Does ATT plan to reimburse us for all the days that we have been without service or do we need to file a class action law suit?  Also, what's up with U-Verse not carry the ACC network in SC, NC, Ga.  I guess it is time to cancel all services with ATT.  They are a bunch of liars.  Maybe the FCC needs to get involved with ATT since they do not deliver the service that they promised.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

If you HAD TO Adjust ALL CUSTOMERS, I bet you would get off your Wallets and DO SOMETHING!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

And they are Impressed  with their Negotiations,  Are you Serious?? New Agreement with Largest Independent Operator of CBS Affiliates Covers Nearly Six Million Television Households Across 15 Markets. 

I GUESS the rest of the 35 USA markets Don't matter.  What about us???

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@DISAPPOINTED105 wrote:

And they are Impressed  with their Negotiations,  Are you Serious?? New Agreement with Largest Independent Operator of CBS Affiliates Covers Nearly Six Million Television Households Across 15 Markets. 

I GUESS the rest of the 35 USA markets Don't matter.  What about us???

????

That's right, because this contract only applies to stations directly owned by CBS, not all CBS affiliates.  Other affiliates are owned by different companies, including NexStar, which is still withholding its stations. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@DISAPPOINTED105 wrote:

If you HAD TO Adjust ALL CUSTOMERS, I bet you would get off your Wallets and DO SOMETHING!!

What are you asking about???

Is there a question here, or do you just want to rant?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have called Directv and they still haven’t fixed all the channels I am paying. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Wylam1 wrote:

I know that AT&T and Nexstar are in a ridiculous battle over costs.  Two BILLIONAIREs arguing over pennies.  I've been without WTBL (local CBS channel out of Columbus, GA) since the first week of July.  

My question:  If AT&T has resolved the issues with CBS, why don't I have access to CBS On-Demand?  

Locals may be pennies or a dollar per channel for an individual customer. However the negotiation between DirecTV and Nexstar is regarding millions of customers. So the negotiation is regarding all of the cost, not simply the cost for one subscriber.

Access to CBS On Demand is only available when you have a CBS station to begin with. Though Nexstar is the station owner, that channel is a CBS affiliate. So while the local CBS is unavailable (even if CBS affiliate), then CBS On Demand is not authorized.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have U-verse. Why don't I have access to CBS On-Demand?  I have access to Fox, ABC and NBC. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Lovell wrote:

When ordered and recived my direct tv package..it was to include all local stations. One year into my contract, direct tv and CBS decide to part ways for whatever reason. CBS is one of the main stations i watch After keeping my end of the contract by paying each month, Direct TV has failed in their end of the contract to give me what i singed up for. Thus breaking the contract.But i am required now to pay a penalty (20.00 per month) if i leave direct tv , and go somewhere else to see the channel i want tobwatch..How is this even fair when ive done everything on my end but Direct TV has not!!

DirecTV has not failed their end of the contract. All TV providers have in their Terms of Service a clause that channels can change at any time. With hundreds of channels and agreements coming up at different times, it would be impossible to guarantee any channel will always be there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.