Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

I hope you are also contacting that station to say the same to them since it is them asking more money from AT&T and them threatening to drop it from the lineup.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why would you risk losing thousands of customers by dropping Newson6 and world popular shows on CBS?  Not very smart!

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

8 years ago

For every channel in your AT&T lineup, AT&T have an agreement that allows them to deliver that programming to you. These agreements expire every few years. So they are continuously working to negotiate new contracts. They begin working with the TV network well in advance to put a new deal in place before the contract expires.

We are not allowed to comment on contract negotiations that may be underway. However, AT&T is committed to providing customers the channels they want at a fair price.

U-verse TV customers can obtain more information regarding contracts and programming at att.com/fighting4you

Marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution" will help other people find solutions faster.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We hereby request that you keep channel 6, kotvin tulsa,ok. On the programming that is carried on uverse. We have been loyal customers for SEVERAL YEARS NOW! And would greatly appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks, Claude & Pat

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Cabben47 wrote:

We hereby request that you keep channel 6, kotvin tulsa,ok. On the programming that is carried on uverse. We have been loyal customers for SEVERAL YEARS NOW! And would greatly appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks, Claude & Pat

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

No one on this forum can help you . For the most part we are U-verse subscribers just like you. Your post sounds like lawyer talk.

You should be addressing your request to the owners of Channel 6 in Tulsa, Griffin Communications, who are demanding an outrageous amount of money from AT&Tnne in order to continue showing Channel 6 on U-verse.

Encourage your friends to call Channel 6 and demand that their parent company not be so greedy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If CBS programming is dropped by AT&T, I will probably switch back to Cox.  Services have become way too expensive anyway.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@VickyBrooks wrote:

If CBS programming is dropped by AT&T, I will probably switch back to Cox.  Services have become way too expensive anyway.

Do you have assuances that Cox will not do the same th ing when the contract between Cox and CBS comes due? What is happening now between AT&T and Griffin Communications is normal contract renegotiation. All providers do that with the local television stations.

Griffin Communications, the owner of oyour CBS channel, is twising the reality and putting the blame on the wrong party. You and all of your friends should call the television station and insist that Griffin Communications should not be so greedy in their contract demands.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

CBS is our main channel from daily local news to many weekly favorite series that we enjoy. If CBS is no longer in the lineup with DirectTV/AT&T we would definitely have to change providers. 

Julie [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I will be dropping  U-VERSE if I can not get a local news channel which is the best news channel here. Im looking for a excuse to go to COX anyway because my bill has jumped about $200.00 since I HAD IT! QAULITY GONE DONE PRICE GONE UP! NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@DOZER1063  What is that news channel?  Is it on a subchannel of the main channel, that ATT does not carry?  Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.