For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@L4UR1s wrote:

reach agreement with Tulsa channel 6 news. Money is the issue. You are AT&T, how much more do you need to make. The bigger you get the more you want. Greed will cost you eventually. I am a lifetime consumer of yours, I shouldn't even have to be writing you.

You are blaming the wrong party. It is Channel 6's owner, Griffin Communications, being greedy, and asking for a ridiculous amount of money to allow U-verse to continue showing their channel. You and all of your friends should call Channel 6 and demand that Griffin Communications give a fair offer to  AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

In case someone cares, my family will drop AT & T U-Verse immediately if they drop KWTV in OKC from their channel lineup.  We will not switch back to AT & T if KWTV is dropped and then picked back up.  We have already dropped AT & T wireless phone service due to very poor customer relations.  It may not matter if it's just one family, but individuals add up.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

what is the current problem with not keeping CBS channel 6 in tulsa, OK?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @TulsaRes,

All the members on this forum with the exception of a few employees know the same thing you do about this deal. All you can do is Google it and hope you can come across some information.

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Well, realize it's not really AT&T/U-verse that's "dumping" anything.  It's the local station ownership that's playing hardball and threatening to drop U-verse if they won't pay more for you to have that station, so be sure to contact them, too.  These contract disputes affect all service providers at varying times, not just U-verse, so switching providers won't help you.  Ask yourself why U-verse should have to pay anything to provide you with a station you can get over-the-air for free.  Crazy situation.   And the FCC is finally considering changing the laws so that providers like U-verse can carry an alternative network station when local stations get greedy.  

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Well, realize it's not really AT&T/U-verse that's "dumping" anything.  It's the local station ownership that's playing hardball and threatening to drop U-verse if they won't pay more for you to have that station, so be sure to contact them, too.  These contract disputes affect all service providers at varying times, not just U-verse, so switching providers won't help you.  Ask yourself why U-verse should have to pay anything to provide you with a station you can get over-the-air for free.  Crazy situation.   And the FCC is finally considering changing the laws so that providers like U-verse can carry an alternative network station when local stations get greedy.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If you drop CBS, I will be dropping you.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

With the crazy prices we have to pay for U-Verse I would think they could afford to pay CBS. 

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

Perhaps, but that would more than likely result in a higher price in services for customers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.