For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Arabjabba's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 4:12 PM

Galaxy s8 plus still dident recieve software update !!

The first software update that just came out day on 21 i still dident receive which includes latest security patch. Is any one els waiting? Seems like im the only one !?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

It should but also the SIM card you're using needs to have the IMEI update on the network side so the device management can send the update.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

If i go to a ATT store will they let me use sim to try ?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Arabjabba Doubtful, plus your device is going to get queued, in most cases, and won't receive the update while you're there, with that SIM in it.

It's "non ideal" to purchase an AT&T branded device for use on a non-AT&T network, for both updates and tethering, you're much better off waiting for non-branded devices (for the future).

Like @GLIMMERMAN76 mentioned about the BestBuy deal, you're probably better off to wait out the couple of weeks and have them do the update...

After that, well, you have to keep an eye out, for when the updates are released to AT&T firmware devices, and probably do the BestBuy thing again, and again...

Store updates (things like "instant tethering" and some others) will come over fine, because they're carrier-agnostic, but any features/fixes will have to come from AT&T or BB.  I'm not sure about (typically monthly) security patches, @GLIMMERMAN76 probably knows more about that model.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you and i know that buying att phome and not using it with att is not ideal but last time i bought s7 edge unlucked i never got any updates. I guess i will wait for best buy than. Thank you all

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Guys one last question and i thank you all for helping so much. WOULD bestbuy samsung experience team have the update in week or 2 or even 3 even though the update is OTA ? So i atleast have hope of getting it throught them?? or will i never get it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

You can always get the updates at a experience center. Just wait a week or two for them to get it.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Awesome thank you all for the help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David606

No the imei does not matter since my pixel imei was on the account with my s8 plus and I still got the update.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

So you are saying if i put att sim card i will get update immidiatly or got still wait ?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Arabjabba wrote:
So you are saying if i put att sim card i will get update immidiatly or got still wait ?

@ArabjabbaEither is possible, but the wait scenario is most likely, part of it depends on where you are in the queue, and how many others are waiting at any given point...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.