Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Arabjabba's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 4:12 PM

Galaxy s8 plus still dident recieve software update !!

The first software update that just came out day on 21 i still dident receive which includes latest security patch. Is any one els waiting? Seems like im the only one !?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Just keep setting the date forward.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

You are a legend thank you. Phone is updating now. Finally now im not worried. I have a way of getting updates. I was worried because bixby was gonna come as a software update and i wanted make sure i have a way of getting updates so i be safe while i still have warrenty on phone. Now im safe thank you to everyone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Bixby is horrible. Unless they fix it. Right now I have the bixby button set for Google assistant.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

I know as an assistant it shoyldnt take that time to boot up and honestly not using it now but im willing to give it a shot once its fully stable. Plus at least im safe because now ik ill get security patches and all so yep thank you very much for sticking with me untel now

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Hey so i got the $0.25 cents per minute prepaid plan... as you know i onlyyy got it to get updates while my main sim card is from cricket. I put 10$ in this att plan soo. After it expires on may26... if i dont pay then it will just expire right?
And if it expires can i just activate it when ever there is an update or if it expires i will need new sim card and new number and all ? Also.. i do not get charged monthly right unless i want to add money(minutes). Right?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Is there a window to roll out the April 5th Security Patch via OTA anytime soon ??

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@ashwinvpsg8+ wrote:

Is there a window to roll out the April 5th Security Patch via OTA anytime soon ??

it was rolled out on launch day.  it was 392mb.  If you have not gotten that update I would goto a samsung experience center and have them flash it for you.  Are you using ATT for service?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

The launch date update brought in April 1, 2017 Security Patch which i did receive on my ATT device. Google, however released April 5, 2017 patch as well.

Excerpt from Android Security Bulletin details the two patch sets.

• 2017-04-01: Partial security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-04-01 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.
  • 2017-04-05: Complete security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-04-01 and 2017-04-05 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@ashwinvpsg8+ wrote:

The launch date update brought in April 1, 2017 Security Patch which i did receive on my ATT device. Google, however released April 5, 2017 patch as well.

Excerpt from Android Security Bulletin details the two patch sets.

• 2017-04-01: Partial security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-04-01 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.
  • 2017-04-05: Complete security patch level string. This security patch level string indicates that all issues associated with 2017-04-01 and 2017-04-05 (and all previous security patch level strings) are addressed.

Your looking at googles example when you have to look at samsungs.  Yeah stupid I know but samsung is only going to release 1 time a month.  And most of the time they roll them all into one update.

http://security.samsungmobile.com/smrupdate.html#SMR-APR-2017

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks!

Stupid indeed. Google releasing 2 patches just adds overhead on OEM's too.

Looking forward for the May SMR.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.