For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

It would be ridiculous if att would release an updatecjust for samsung pay and not the 5.1.1 update. But if it can be done, I wouldn't be surprised if att goes that route.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I think that ATT was going to release an update than help it back because of samsung pay. Tmobile has already sent out software updates that include battery life improvements after they sent out 5.1.1. So it's possible that ATT is cramming everything in one update which might include, pre-samsung pay software, android 5.1.1 with improvements on top of that, and maybe, just maybe, some of the Note 5's features and software enhancements.
Oh, any ATT IS a partner with samsung pat and we will see it come to our devices on September 28. That means we will see the update between know and September 28. Samsung promises that you will get it the day it comes out. Unfortunately verizon isn't a partner right now.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

There wont be any note 5 stuff on the S6 you will see some stuff from the edge plus.  samsung is not going to add note 5 things to the s6 as it will cut into sales.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

I guess everybody in here finally realized that AT&T doesn't really give a crap what we think. Nobody has posted anything in a while.....lol.

Way to go AT&T!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

These are User to user forums. @attmobilitycares chimes in time to time.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

Are you saying that these forums are not the proper place for unsatisfied customers to vent their frustrations?

I guess I've been wasting my time here...huh!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

This just furthers my point..... WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR 5.1 ON AT&T and look what was released earlier today on T-Mobile Galaxy S6's and Galaxy S6 edges..... Now mind you they already released 5.1 MONTHS AGO...but now they have already moved on to more updates that add GREAT features.... You can read what the update entails for yourself.....

"T-Mobile is pushing an update to both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge that bring a number of new features to the phones. Most notably is the addition of both advanced messaging and T-Mobile's video calling, which recently hit the Galaxy Note 5and S6 edge+. With this, users can now quickly and easily video call other Galaxy smartphone owners who have updated their phones. The list of new features include:

Advanced Messaging
Video Calling
New Google Wallet
Dropbox
Work Profile/Device Owner

Now although this is not a HUGE update it doesn't matter because as I said they already released their huge update (5.1) back in June now they are on to other updates that add more features to the phone. Some people might not care but I would love to have advanced text messaging and especially a easy video calling feature (like how easy it is to use Facetime with any other iPhone)....

NOT TO MENTION how as I said before Sprint (who also put out the 5.1 update back in the beginning of summer) has already released a new update to add some of the features that the Galaxy S6 edge+ has... Such as the YouTube live broadcast feature (which I would also love to have) and a bunch of other features the S6 edge+ has.... My point is these are all things we as Galaxy S6 and S6 edge users would LOVE to have... Instead we are STILL waiting on a update that everyone else got MONTHS AGO.... So I guess we can forget about getting these extra features and updates that everyone else is getting now.... IF WE ARE LUCKY WE WILL GET 5.1 BY CHRISTMAS TIME (WHICH BY THEN EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE GETTING ANDROID M 6.0) AND THEN THESE OTHER FEATURES BY THE TIME THE GALAXY S7 IS RELEASED... AT&T CAN YOU SENSE OUR FRUSTRATION YET?!?? There is no excuse for this.... What am I paying $250.00 a month for?? You guys still haven't even made Download Booster available when it was pre-installed by Samsung.... Yet T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.. have included it in their variants of Galaxy's..... When my 3 contracts are up I promise you I'm done with AT&T and I will never ever ever ever EVER go back.... Don't make me out to be the bad guy as customers we only want what we are entitled to and what we are paying for...... No More Excuses!! Just Do What's Right AT&T...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Rocafella83 wrote:
This just furthers my point..... WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR 5.1 ON AT&T and look what was released earlier today on T-Mobile Galaxy S6's and Galaxy S6 edges..... Now mind you they already released 5.1 MONTHS AGO...but now they have already moved on to more updates that add GREAT features.... You can read what the update entails for yourself.....

"T-Mobile is pushing an update to both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge that bring a number of new features to the phones. Most notably is the addition of both advanced messaging and T-Mobile's video calling, which recently hit the Galaxy Note 5and S6 edge+. With this, users can now quickly and easily video call other Galaxy smartphone owners who have updated their phones. The list of new features include:
Advanced Messaging<-----
Video Calling
New Google Wallet
Dropbox
Work Profile/Device Owner

Advanced Messaging<-----  Thats a tmobile only feature
Video Calling<----------------   Again tmobile only feature
New Google Wallet<--------   I have the new google wallet and android pay on my s6
Dropbox<----------------------   download the new app its that easy.
Work Profile/Device Owner<---Biggest thing missing from samsung phones on ATT and needs                                                    to be added to all older phones.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

At least that shows that T-Mobile has cool features, release updates faster, has more affordable plans and a way higher customer satisfaction rate.

What deos that say about AT&T, which is probably 10 times more resourceful than T-Mobile?

AT&T need to give its clients nice features like the previously mentionned instead of filling our phone with dozens of crap apps. It is really for AT&T to get rid of most of their apps; nnext to nobody uses them anyway.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My phone becomes unusable at times. This is the worst phone I have ever owned and it is AT&T's fault. The memory leak in this version is horrible. Can't wait for my Moto X Pure Edition to come next week.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.