For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

I'm totally with you man. At&T gives the most headache out of the four major carriers. Even Verizon has already release that update. What the {edited for word filter evasion} are they waiting for?

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

I just hate it when a person bump his/her chest and decide what's good and what's not for everybody. What do you mean the S5 was garbage? What makes you such an expert to classify a product as garbage. What have you built in you life? What have you created? You might not like something, but that doesn't mean it's garbage. A whole lot of people think differently. There's a lot of thing that i don't like, but i still think they have merits and they are good in a lot of ways. What doesn't work for you works for a lot of people buddy. Get off your high horse!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@tben01 wrote:

I just hate it when a person bump his/her chest and decide what's good and what's not for everybody. What do you mean the S5 was garbage? What makes you such an expert to classify a product as garbage. What have you built in you life? What have you created? You might not like something, but that doesn't mean it's garbage. A whole lot of people think differently. There's a lot of thing that i don't like, but i still think they have merits and they are good in a lot of ways. What doesn't work for you works for a lot of people buddy. Get off your high horse!!!

The phone had the highest return rate ever for a samsung phone.  And yes it was a peice of plastic wow thats inovative.  I have had almost every flagship phone produced in the house at one time or another and the s5 was the worst phone ever.  They learned and the note 4 was a rock star.

You can be a fanboy all you want @tben01 the s5 cost samsung and android market share.

the s5 hardware wise was a great phone the software well the sales say it all.  There is a reason samsung made touchwiz lighter on the s6 compaired to the s5.  People didnt want all the added stuff that were redundant to googles apps. 

http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Samsung+Galaxy+S5+Sales+Have+Come+in+40+Below+Projections/article36924.htm

Its not like the s6 is selling like gang busters.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/06/03/samsung-galaxy-s6-sales/

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

And Verizon has now released the update....

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/81633/20150903/verizon-finally-rolls-out-android-5-1-1-lollipop-for-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge-includes-stagefright-patch.htm

C'mon AT&T, please try to support your customers by releasing the update.  

After buying my first locked phone in 10 years... I am never, ever, ever buying a locked phone again... especailly from ATT.  Good coverage, bad software release capability...

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Ditto. I am done with AT&T-branded phones. I don't buy from AT&T anyway. I purchase my phone from resellers. So, I may as well buy unlocked phones. No dependence on AT&T for updates, no AT&T software I have no use for. No putting up with them blocking features that are useful....

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

You can call me a fanboy all you want, but the fact of the matter is my first smartphone was the first iphone, which I think was a great phone. apple has not really disappointed since. I think apple makes great products, a bit overpriced, but great. I also think Samsung makes great products, and consumers usually get more for their money with Samsung as opposed to Apple. I also think that Samsung has been inovative between the two.   

By the way, why is that contradiction? In one comment you stated that the S5 was garbage, but in the next you said it was a great phone. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

LOL....Let me echo this guys. NO MORE AT&T BRANDED PHONE. Or any other carrier for that matter. Altghough AT&T is the worst.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@tben01 wrote:

You can call me a fanboy all you want, but the fact of the matter is my first smartphone was the first iphone, which I think was a great phone. apple has not really disappointed since. I think apple makes great products, a bit overpriced, but great. I also think Samsung makes great products, and consumers usually get more for their money with Samsung as opposed to Apple. I also think that Samsung has been inovative between the two.   

By the way, why is that contradiction? In one comment you stated that the S5 was garbage, but in the next you said it was a great phone. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

@tben01

I said the hardware was great in other words running pure android the phone was great.  No lag what so ever.  The software was pure junk.  The phone still had build issues but most were oversights that got the designer of the phone fired.  As you can tell with the s6 samsung realized plastic is not going to sell phones.

You say apple phones are expensive?  In some aspects your right!  Samsung phones are just as pricey from the carriers!  I paid 475ish for my 920f s6 but then again I paid 375 for an unlocked g4.  I will preorder a moto x 2015 399 for that phone is a bargin.  and all these phones are brand new.  I look for the sony z5 to be around 450ish.   The new nexus 5 2015 should be 399.99. 

How can you call samsung inovative since there first galaxy phones looked just like an iPhone and they did lose in court on that one.  The verizon facinate looked like a iPhone so did the early version of touchwiz.

I would call google inovative over apple since most of iOS is a copy of android in some way shape or form.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

9 years ago

The last AT&T-branded phone I had was the Galaxy S3 back in 2012-2013. When the Jellybean update for that phone was released, AT&T was several months behind the other major carriers in releasing it. In fact, many customers ended up filing reports with the BBB and/or complaining to AT&T's executive response team. I was one of those customers and the response that I got from the executive response team was that AT&T has to conduct testing every time an update becomes available. Same old song.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@kgbkny wrote:
The last AT&T-branded phone I had was the Galaxy S3 back in 2012-2013. When the Jellybean update for that phone was released, AT&T was several months behind the other major carriers in releasing it. In fact, many customers ended up filing reports with the BBB and/or complaining to AT&T's executive response team. I was one of those customers and the response that I got from the executive response team was that AT&T has to conduct testing every time an update becomes available. Same old song.

yeah same ole same ole when it comes to updates.  I am hoping the theory that they are holding out for wifi calling is true. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.