Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

Enough said! I couldn't agree more with you. I think if AT&T continues down its current path, T-Mobile will easily surpass it within 3 to 4 years. It's just rediculous the arrogance and complete disregard that AT&T shows for their customers . I mean they don't even bother putting a simple statement out as of why this update is so late to come. I think customers deserve that much. The reason why I'm still with AT&T is because one of the phones i have is with their NEXT program. so it will not make much financial sense for me to try to leave them now. As soon as I'm done with that obligation, I will hit the road; voting with my feet so to speak.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I'm with att for the network not the phones. Since att's phones are higher
priced I chose to wait a few weeks and but international unlocked.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

Hey, to each their own. Some people only value coverage others are willing to deal with a less than stellar coverage and a decent customer service. As for me, I don't travel that much, T-Mobile network will be more than great. The fact that they are more expensive and lack good customer service negate that supposedly "great" coverage you've been talking about. To say that as long as they provide good coverage everything is great is nonsense.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I can't deal with edge coverage in my area that tmo has. I'm doing the
project fi beta and sprint isn't to bad but speeds are bad on lte.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

From last week, Note4 Europe variants and Korean variants receving Android 5.1.1 update.

But, All of AT&T Galaxy S6 variants(Acitve, Edge, Flat) wouldn't get Android 5.1.1. update.

I think its incredeble story.

Why new models get major Android update  later than previous model?

Hope to hear AT&T official statement regarding why AT&T Galaxy S6 variants still won't get 5.1.1 update and detail plan or upgrade status of Android 5.1.1 update.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T's official response: *crickets*

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

When are we getting the update to 5.1.1 and Samsung Pay for our Galaxy S6 phones? We're still stuck on 5.0.2. This is way overdue AT&T.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

In all seriousness (and I do not work for AT&T AT ALLl and as frustrated as you all are) the best we can hope for is that the update will be released before Samsung Pay is scheduled to come on line. This is a guess on my part because 5.1.1 is needed for Samsung Pay. So that would mean an update by September 28th. If they delay the update AFTER that date, that would be a major stain on AT&T's reputation in my eyes and would clinch me ridding myself of their phone.

I find it amazing that they are literally the only carrier on the planet that has not updated their GS6/GS6 Edge devices to 5.1.1. Their lack of response is also troubling. 

Samsung Pay or not, I will be looking to moving on to another phone not dependent on AT&T's updates as soon as possible, if not another carrier. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

FYI samsung pay will work on 5.0.1

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

I did not know that. I had read elsewhere that an update to 5.1.1 was necessary for Samsung Pay to work. Thanks for the clarification.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.