For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Casperswift5230's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2016 12:58 PM

Why is AT&T Not going to sell the HTC 10

Why isn't AT&T going to sell the HTC 10, it's is the last phone i was waiting for to be released before I decided on an upgrade and now if I decide on the HTC if have to pay full price for an unlocked unit because AT&T decided it'd be a good idea not to provide us with it....???? Why why why

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This is a big mistake for At&t! Someone like myself who is a faithful HTC user and an at&t customer of 6+ years will be looking for the another cell phone company who will provide the phone at a reasonable rate and/or payment plan. My contract ends this week and Verizon will definitely be my next step to ensure I get the phone i want.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/04/12/att-wont-sell-the-htc-10/

The guess is they have got burn by HTC one to many times.  HTC first and the M9 would be 2 great examples of that.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Casperswift5230 wrote:
Why isn't AT&T going to sell the HTC 10, it's is the last phone i was waiting for to be released before I decided on an upgrade and now if I decide on the HTC if have to pay full price for an unlocked unit because AT&T decided it'd be a good idea not to provide us with it....???? Why why why

Even if AT&T was selling the HTC 10, you would be paying full price for it. AT&T no longer offers discounted rates on equpiment purchases. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm very very dissapointed with this. I literally waited since last year for this phone and now at the last minute, they say ATT will not offer the phone. 😔

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I've been following the release of the HTC 10 for the last month with a lot of interest. I'd decided that I would jump platforms (going from Windows to Andriod) to this phone. I read all the reviews of this phone this morning and in the last one I find out that AT&T won't be carrying it. My contract ended last month and I'm thinking about leaving for a carrier that does offer the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Jespinozaiii wrote:
I'm very very dissapointed with this. I literally waited since last year for this phone and now at the last minute, they say ATT will not offer the phone. 😔

@Jespinozaiii

well it really is not last minute since they just anounced the phone this morning.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@MicCheck makes a good point.  We'd have to get the device at full price anyway, whether on the Next program, or flat out full price/unlocked.  HTC has confirmed too that the unlocked version will be compatible with ATT's network, so, I guess those of us who can, are just going to have to save up our $ and get the unlocked if we really want the M10.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

If anyone that thinks 699 is a good price for the M10 there nuts.  Its overpriced by atleast 150 bucks.  IF you look at the free stuff you got with the s7 and g5 those phones would cost about 500 bucks give or take.  At this point HTC is saying there new phone commands a price more than an iPhone.

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

8 years ago

That is very unfortunate if thats the only option. Its better to make a little money then none and have someone go somewhere else other than ATT. Dont know what they are thinking IMO.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 We have known this phone was coming out a long time ago, why didn't ATT or HTC inform us that ATT customers wouldn't be able to get the phone through ATT. Why did they wait until launch day. I would have upgraded long ago. So it was the last min.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.