Phone & Device Upgrades

Phone & Device Upgrades

Ask questions & get information about upgrading your AT&T phone or device. Find links to upgrade topics including checking eligibility & device activation.

(5941)
No info on receipt of phone trade in

I recently dropped of two phones at a usps annex. Why can't ATT send a notification of receipt and credit to my account? I used the Pitney bowes - usps tracking and all I get is "its in the facility", which is a bit of a nebulous update

Questions

Free trade in lies

I called in to see about the free trade in. Used my s21 for the s22. I asked rep about it being unlocked and if there was a contract with it. Rep told me no contract and it will be unlocked with even 22 dollars of extra credit. It will take 2-3 months to take effect. Here at is 4 months later callin

Questions

Closed

Need a New Number - Previous Owner Had a Gambling Problem

Hello!At the beginning of the year, I upgraded and subsequently got a new phone number. I didn’t think it would be a problem at all... Unfortunately, I was very wrong... the previous owner of my new phone number subscribed to receive SMS messaging ads from tons and tons of companies. On top of that,

Questions

Problems with intended trade in phone that worked until the store took it in to the back

Maybe just a strange coincidence but the phone came in working, they took it to the back during the trade in process and came out and told me I needed to go home and charge it. Now it does not take a charge. I have no proof but it just does not feel right. Is there a (Edited per community guidelines

Questions

Another Scam victim

Sent my trade in the La Vergne, TN in March. ATT claim not received so charged my account after I gave them my tracking number. BBB/USPS contacted. ATT customer service told me to wait but still charged me. Terrible company!! I got proof.

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Trade in phone process

I sent my trade in iphone to AT&T with the trade in package provided by AT&T. I was informed by UPSP that the item has been tendered to the returns agent. Does it mean the trade in iPhone was received by AT&T?

Questions

Accepted Solution

Flip Phone Updating

My current cell phone needs updating, repair or replacement to correct texting functions. I need answers to SEVERAL questions regarding both.

Questions

Never received full credit for trade-in I was promised after being escalated and approved by Vincent at AT&T Help Forum

About a year or so ago I was very disgruntled about not receiving proper credit for a trade-in. I posted to forums about feeling scammed by AT&T as a brand new customer. Vincent, an At&t employee, helped me then and investigated the claim thoroughly. He found that I should have indeed receiv

Questions

SCAMMED by AT&T Trade In Program - even after PROMISE to give me correct CREDIT! WHY?????

I really need someone from AT&T to reach out to me and issue my credit due - this is ongoing for nearly two years now and I am counting the days until my contract ends to leave AT&T!!! In the meantime doing all I can to make sure people do not fall to the same SCAM ! WHY does it have to be

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Getting a new connection with trade in from a store

I am moving to the United States as student in August and was looking to trade in an Android device (the value for which I have checked on the AT&T website) and purchase an iphone 13. I wanted to know if I could do this in store in the US or if it is only possible to do so online?

Questions

Taxing tax exempt status

I went into a store today and they said they had to charge state taxes even though I am tax exempt. Have card and everything. Person in store said they just started doing it. Does AT&T have a contract with the state of Oklahoma saying they will collect state taxes even if tax exempt?

Questions

Customer Service Reps

Has anyone else had to deal with AT&T reps who are hard to understand and absolutely ruin your deal that you spent hours trying to get set up? I spent two hours at Sam’s Wholesale working with a lady to set up new service with 5 new phones. I later called a service rep to modify one of the phone

Questions

Need help?

Pinned posts

Most recent

View More

Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Fix, replace or check device delivery

Shop the way you want

Free shipping & returns

Shop online with free shipping and returns.

Learn more

Same-day pickup

Order online and pick up in-store or curbside today. Subject to availability.

Find a store

Same-day delivery

Get same-day delivery with optional expert setup. Subject to availability. Select areas only.

Learn more

Live shopping assistance

Get help picking out the perfect device and plan with a live virtual expert.

Learn more
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.