Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Casperswift5230's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2016 12:58 PM

Why is AT&T Not going to sell the HTC 10

Why isn't AT&T going to sell the HTC 10, it's is the last phone i was waiting for to be released before I decided on an upgrade and now if I decide on the HTC if have to pay full price for an unlocked unit because AT&T decided it'd be a good idea not to provide us with it....???? Why why why

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Always a bloatware conspiracy theorist in every thread.

What I don't seem to understand is if these technical wizards are so knowledged and well versed why do you continue to buy a branded device that has pre-installed applications? It's not like this aspect of a carrier branded device is something new. Even before smartphones feature phones had these types of apps. The first AT&T Android phone (HTC Aria) had pre-installed applications and it came out over 7 years ago. So if you're so against the notion...why did you buy a carrier branded device?

If you expect to be able to get a branded phone and uninstall this stuff that's a completely pipe dream. It'll never happen. No matter how vocal anyone is about this issue. No matter if hundreds of people in unison post about it. It is something that will persist. So if you dislike it that much why continue to purchase from the carrier? The manufacturers release unlocked, world version of phones.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

Yep, conspiracy theorist here because the simplest explaination is usually the correct one 90% of the time.

Why so "stand-offish" and condescending? Not really a good way to represent your employer... 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'm speaking as another user. In case you didn't notice, that's clearly identified at the bottom of every post. So stop avoiding valid points and answer the questions.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

@troyintn

thats why he has the white box under his post with a disclaimer.  He does not represent ATT, he has his own opinion based on his experience.

If you want a sugar coated answer, you can contact support directly.  What you get here is the un-sugar coated facts of life.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@David606

You are asking folks why they get att devices? Well let's see HD voice volte advance messaging. Takes a att phone not an unlocked phone since att is withholding those features. Which by the way can be enabled on unlocked phones as its backend provisioning.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you Glimmerman, that said it all though he already knew the answer and was only baiting.

AT&T is the entity which should be giving answers instead of its customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Neither am I happy that AT&T won't be offering the HTC 10.  And because my family and I are all on one plan I can't just up and change everyone's carrier, like I'd like to, to Verizon or T-Mobile who do offer it just to get my hands on the it but I will certainly explore other carriers' plans and seriously consider the switch if they have a better deal.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm very dissapointed in At&t not selling the HTC 10 what is the reason At&t is not selling the HTC 10 I'm a big fan of HTC phones I don't wanna pay 700$ to get the HTC 10 the phone is 150$ overpriced as it is I will take my business elsewhere and seek other carrier options if I have to just to get the HTC 10

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T is losing me for sprint. Me, and my 4 lines and all $300/mo they gouge from me.
Sprint's coverage in my area is very comparable to AT&T, at about half the price. Oh, they're getting the HTC 10 on May 13th.
It's been 5+ years, but it's time to part ways AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

T-Mobile is also getting the HTC 10 they have improved their network in the past 2 years I heard their coverage is good as Verizon now
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.