Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
VetteXP's profile

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 12:57 AM

Closed

Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

FYI, according to one of Microsoft's press releases today, AT&T announced an update to Windows Mobile 6.1 for the Pantech duo. Hopefully we'll see it in the next month or so.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/apr08/04-01WM61PR.mspx

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

hey there. you may be using windows vista to update the device u must use windows xp. im currently using the other version of 6.1 which is the beta. but i will now upgrade to the official update.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

I recently released update to Windows Mobile 6.1, downloaded the update wizard, and tried to run it.  On the screen of the re-flashing wizard where I am supposed to install the USB Driver, when I click the "Install" button, nothing happens (the driver does not install; in fact, there is no visible response from clicking the button at all).  Are there any known issues with the USB driver not installing?  Can I download and install the USB Driver separately from the re-flash wizard?

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit version).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

I called pantech, and they gave me the file seperately, after installing that file, the installation worked flawlessly. I am now running the official update to WM6.1 on my duo.

I will upload the file online, and you can download it to your computer:
http://www.box.net/shared/28jferd0tl

you need the mustang downloader to install the pantech drivers.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

16 years ago

I just updated my Duo to WM 6.1. A few thoughts:

The update wizard works on Vista too.

The USB installer in the Wizard does not work. You have to use the Mustang installer posted above.

All your files on the phone will be erased by the update. All the files on an SD card will be OK.

If your Duo is subsidy unlocked, have your code handy because it will lock back up after the update.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to check whether USB DRIVER is already installed on my phone?  Or just install it anyways?  I also have downloaded the Mustang Downloader but don't know where to go from there... any help please?  THANKS!

Message Edited by gznuttz on 10-10-2008 01:25:55 PM

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Disregard the previous message, I successfully upgraded my daughter's Pantech Duo to Windows Mobile 6.1!  I realized that the USB Driver installs to the PC and not the phone...duh!  Thanks to Harry517 for sharing the Mustang Downloader.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

Any idea why I'm receiving a message, "Can't Initialization Installation" when trying to install the mustang downloader.  I'm also not able to download the USB driver with the wizard.  This has been a most-frustrating experience. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

@Merlinart wrote:
Any idea why I'm receiving a message, "Can't Initialization Installation" when trying to install the mustang downloader.  I'm also not able to download the USB driver with the wizard.  This has been a most-frustrating experience. 

According to the previous threads, the USB driver from the Wizard is dead.  Just download the mustang downloader from the above thread and install it to your comp.  Then run the wizard again.  If you want to make sure that Drivers are installed---from the wizard, click on "install" under USB Driver and a pop up will appear saying that drivers are already installed.  Then you should proceed with the update!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

Ok, so I did EVERYTHING that the site told me too and now my phone is dead.  I contacted Pantech and NOW they say that I needed to do something to the Modem link on the actual phone... would have been nice if that was in the instructions!  Be VERY leary of upgrading... My phone is not stuck in either download ready or modem downloading and NOTHING works.  i have had it for 2 weeks and am terribly upset.  I have tried a hard reset to no avail.  Does anyone else know of anything that can be done to fix?  Maybe throught the mobile registry tool... ANYTHING?  Like some other, I now have a VERY expensive paper weight!!

Krys a VERY disgruntled upgrader!!

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

16 years ago

I'd contact the AT&T support to get direct help.

You installed a supported upgrade on a phone that's under warranty. They should help you out.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.