Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
VetteXP's profile

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 12:57 AM

Closed

Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

FYI, according to one of Microsoft's press releases today, AT&T announced an update to Windows Mobile 6.1 for the Pantech duo. Hopefully we'll see it in the next month or so.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/apr08/04-01WM61PR.mspx

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Ok guys this is a link where you can download the upgrade:

and just to let you it don't seem to work on Windows Vista ( I just tried that, but had to use my windows xp
machine to do it) I don't think this is the offical release, but it's up to you.

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.

Message Edited by bertinhn on 08-30-2008 09:05:28 PM

Message Edited by mod.moose on 08-30-2008 11:11:36 PM

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

One more thing,  I used the upgrade and I realize that. the  only way to go back to Windows Mobile 6.0 is using  the link from pantech website:

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

16 years ago

I have been using the leaked version for months now ... works fine for me...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

So I got my 6.1 update for my tilt, but need it still for the duo... any news???

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Guru

• 

388 Messages

16 years ago

is this the official att / pantech release of 6.1 because if it is i have never seen a beta release for an OS before at least not with any of the others.  Can we get an official yes or no please from the moderators on this.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

16 years ago

Not a Moderator, but yes that's un-official "official release" ... like I said a couple of posts ago been using that on Duo for nearly two months with no issues. The same person that leaked this ROM also leaked pre-realesed versions of WM6.1 for the Tilt & the Moto Q9h. Never did find a leaked version for the Blackjack II though.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

It may be un-official, but I installed it on my wife's phone 2 weeks ago (mostly because of the threaded chat text messaging), and everything seems to be working fine.  I used XP just to be safe and had no issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

I have been trying to install 6.1 on my pantech duo and I think I am doing it wrong can someone pls give me step by step instructions!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

I just went to the Pantech Duo official site: http://www.pantechusa.com/web/guest/support/att/duo and if you click on software updates, you can download WM6.1 for the Pantech Duo. But my question, is that when I try to click the install button, nothing happens!

Message Edited by harry517 on 10-06-2008 02:43:35 PM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.