Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jonrod's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 9:58 PM

Why did Asurion send me a refurbished phone

Everyone in my family has insurance on their phone and every time one of our devices breaks we have received a new replacement. However this time I filed a claim and received a refurbished phone. I didn't buy a refurbished phone why would they send these?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I received an iPhone the first time I had a repair after my phone had a known issue and last week I Also received a refurbished one after the repair person damaged my home button. I don’t understand why there would be two situations. It admit I wish they hsd explained it. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Flittery721   See post number 2 the agreement is a certified refurbished phone never a new phone except on very very very rare occasions 

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Asurion sent me a refurbished phone and then charged a $200 deductible on top of it.

I have been with ATT for 15 years and I have never had to claim anything because no phone was lost or stolen. 

This is terrible!! 

Do not fall for Asurion fraud

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just got a refurbished model as a replacement for my son’s iPhone 12 Pro that he broke in an accident(yes it was in a case) and it’s an identical phone. Typically with insurance “like kind and quality” means they have to replace it with something comparable. My husband was told by AT&T when he bought insurance that he’d get a new replacement if he used it. This was clearly inaccurate. I’ll go for Apple Care next time.  I’m also kinda fed up with AT&T in general so I’ll probably just switch carriers to get a new phone. The iPhone 12 has been a huge disappointment anyway. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.