Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jonrod's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 9:58 PM

Why did Asurion send me a refurbished phone

Everyone in my family has insurance on their phone and every time one of our devices breaks we have received a new replacement. However this time I filed a claim and received a refurbished phone. I didn't buy a refurbished phone why would they send these?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Okay, one more time. My AT&T salesperson did not tell me that when i was buying a new phone. Therefore, the. customer has to hunt for the information.

Yes, I figured that out once I received a damaged phone from Asurion and went hunting for information.

Thanks!

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

Anytime I'm offered anything by ATT that im not sure about, I tell them no. I do my research first and then call them back if I'm interested.  And yes, you absolutely right about the reps not giving you details. They usually don't care or don't know.  Truthfully they don't have the time to read the fine print to you. Just be cautious. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

@sadperson7

Those who do use insurance can verify Asurion still sends out a mailer for each phone enrolled a couple weeks after enrollment.  If you don’t get it, you didn’t enroll.  If you got it, but didn’t read it, then how is it ATT or Asurion fault?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I never received this documentation but that insurance charge shows up every month 🙂 Along with new, random directv charges every month.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

What do you men “random Directv charges?    Did you sign up for DirecTV NOW?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I recently lost my pixel 2.  I have never broke or lost a device , but thankfully I have insurance this time. It was in perfect condition.

I have Asurion through Verizon, so the same issues should apply  Would I most likely get a new device since it was just released in October?

I can't find information anywhere how quickly companies start getting certified refurbished units in stock.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

@tmbim1 wrote:

I recently lost my pixel 2.  I have never broke or lost a device , but thankfully I have insurance this time. It was in perfect condition.

I have Asurion through Verizon, so the same issues should apply  Would I most likely get a new device since it was just released in October?

I can't find information anywhere how quickly companies start getting certified refurbished units in stock.

@tmbim1  I assume your Pixel was also active on your Verizon line?  If so, Why are you asking the ATT forum?  No one on ATT has an insured Pixel, as it cannot be insured through ATT with Asurion. If not, your screwed, as you have to keep the phone active on the line for Asurion to cover it.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry I totally forgot att doesn't sell pixels directly. I have asurion protection on that device.

Yes, phone is active on my line, I'm only asking here because there wasn't a comparable thread in the Verizon forums. People here seem very knowledgeable.

So yes, pixel was active on my line, until I activated my backup phone because I needed a phone to use. Asurion gives you a small window to file the claim after a loss.

I was just wondering what my odds were of receiving a newer device for a phone released so recently (October 20th).

You're saying the phone has to stay active the whole time? Thanks for your help.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

@tmbim1 wrote:

Sorry I totally forgot att doesn't sell pixels directly. I have asurion protection on that device.

Yes, phone is active on my line, I'm only asking here because there wasn't a comparable thread in the Verizon forums. People here seem very knowledgeable.

So yes, pixel was active on my line, until I activated my backup phone because I needed a phone to use. Asurion gives you a small window to file the claim after a loss.

I was just wondering what my odds were of receiving a newer device for a phone released so recently (October 20th).

You're saying the phone has to stay active the whole time? Thanks for your help.

@tmbim1

I’m active on AT&T forum,  but occasionally post on Verizon (I’m Ex Verizon).

We tell people to please file a claim before you swap out your phone. Asurion has on many occasions denied claims because the phone was removed from the line. 

Broken or not I suggest you put the pixel back on your Verizon line, then file a claim.  

I don’t think we can provide any useful information on the pixel because AT&T does not sell it. Our experience and information we come strictly from claims on AT&T  phones.  

I do know that the iPhones 7, 8 and X  have been unavailable from Asurion.  In fact they have been back ordered so badly we have told people to ask for a cash settlement and buy replacement phone themselves 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@tmbim1 wrote:

@tmbim1

I’m active on AT&T forum,  but occasionally post on Verizon (I’m Ex Verizon).

We tell people to please file a claim before you swap out your phone. Asurion has on many occasions denied claims because the phone was removed from the line. 

Broken or not I suggest you put the pixel back on your Verizon line, then file a claim.  

I don’t think we can provide any useful information on the pixel because AT&T does not sell it. Our experience and information we come strictly from claims on AT&T  phones.  

I do know that the iPhones 7, 8 and X  have been unavailable from Asurion.  In fact they have been back ordered so badly we have told people to ask for a cash settlement and buy replacement phone themselves 

@lizdance40

there are plenty of refurb pixel 2's running around....  Best buy was selling refurbs for a week till they ran out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.