Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
shep5820's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 13th, 2016 2:29 PM

Uverse in My Area! 70% of the people want it!

I was told that we would have Uverse in our area the end of May 2016.  We only have one option for fast interent speeds and 2 options for TV.  Our subdivision  has 2 parts with about 50-60 houses in each part.  I am so tired of Comcast and their high prices. I currently pay $240.00 for Internet, Home Security, and TV. The refuse to adjust the pricing unless i sign a contract and I have been waiting on Uverse.  I have lived in the subdivision for over 8 years and Uverse has never been in our subdivision. Can someone assist in giving me some time lines as to when it will be available? Also what are the steps to get it in our subdivision.  I live off [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], GA 30294.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Our whole neighborhood is in an uproar about ATT Uverse.  It goes down regularly and there are issues that they say they cannot fix.  They lied to one of my neighbors, telling her I had a landline, when I don't.  Customer service is awful and has been awful to all of us.  Three years ago?  I gave up all my vacation days trying to get tech out here who would not show, or would not show but say they had, it has been nothing but runaround.  Even had a foreign customer service rep yell at me.  There are 8 homes on my street with all the same sad story.  They have no competition here or I would find another company PRONTO!!!!!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts Thanks for this. It is very informative. As mentioned in other posts, my subdivision has around 75 homes, and about 30 of them currently have Gigapower fiber. The rest still have DSL, which has progressively gotten worse over the last few years. Assuming I'm following your post correctly, I have a hard time understanding if one shelf of four cards can have 192 connections, why in the world did AT&T cut off the rest of the subdivision? They ran fiber literally across the street from me and three houses down on the same side of the street. Why would they arbitrarily stop? There are no other subdivisions around and the surrounding houses outside our subdivision are spaced very far apart. @mibrnsurg made some good points about possible Bell South loops being a problem, but some of the newly connected homes would have also been a part of this loop. Like @Anonymous, we have no other internet options aside from satellite/hotspots, so it is quite frustrating seeing our neighbors cruise along with Gigapower when we are stuck in the last decade. I've actually found that the Sprint hotspot works quite well and is cheaper than what AT&T is currently offering as an alternative coverage. Sprint has really stepped up their cell coverage lately.

Anyway, thanks again for this post. It was very informative. And to anyone waiting on AT&T to expand decent service to their home, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Try to stay away from uverse.  It has become the worse experience of my life. Horrible customer service!!!  My service has gone out 7 times within the past 40 days and Im never given an update. 1 tech was honest and told me att knows what the problem is but is unwilling to spend the money to fix the problem. After they patch the problem, Im not given an update and the service goes out again after a couple of days.  I have spent 30 hours over the past 40 days waiting on techs and I still have problems.  Hello Time Warner, here I come!!!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@juliuswhite This sounds exactly how DSL is in our subdivision, and my sense is this is going to become a very big problem for rural and suburban AT&T users in the months and years to come. Should be interesting to see if AT&T does anything to stem off the impending mass exodus of rural and suburban customers. We've already dropped it and gone with the aforementioned Sprint hotspot, but I'm still holding out hope AT&T will one day expand the fiber line across the street from my house (which provides Gigapower). Probably a fool's dream. I'd gladly switch back to AT&T if they start to provide a decent service. We don't have cable options, so I'm also swimming upstream trying to get Charter to expand to us (which is across the street from our subdivision). Interesting and frustrating times for ISP's and thier customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I would like to have wifi in our new home but when I went to our local office I was informed that AT&T does not have cables/wires in place to provide service to our address. This is a growing housing area plus there are two other communities near here, so there is a lot of opportunity for your company to make a significant amount of money from this area. Our address is [Personal information removed] Can you tell me when service will be available here?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts

Thanks again for these posts, they are very informative. However, I'm still a bit confused over how my particular subdivision was wired, but that's probably too hard to explain here. I think they must have run FTTP to the homes for those that got it, and kept the existing ADSL for the rest of us. It would have been nice if at the very least we got FTTC or even FTTN, but what can you do. The Death Star works in mysterious ways.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@shep5820 I also ran across this article from a few days ago you and others lurking here may find interesting. Once again, don't get your hopes up...

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Analyst-Something-Doesnt-Add-Up-With-ATTs-Fiber-Promises-137158

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

8 years ago

BayouWoman, you post the same thing every where and it's just not true for everyone. I and almost all of my neighbors have Uverse and all are happy with it. I personally have had Uverse almost from the time it was first released and have had 1 service call to my house and one DVR go bad that was shipped overnight. You really don't know bad until you have Charter. 

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Then I assume you are reading the same posts I am and most people seem quite upset to me.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Cmullins, hard to say who's at fault for not installing fiber in the whole neighborhood. It could have been the developers choice. Maybe cutting costs? Bayouwomen, what is now att was a number of telcos bought up by att. Some had better lines and maintenance. It comes down to money on whether att will upgrade older lines. Where I live uverse has been reliable. If it weren't reliable I wouldn't keep it. Most public forums only have negative comments.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.