For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
kapalua18's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, January 14th, 2018 9:14 PM

AT&T Fixed wireless internet missing port forwarding setting

Hey everyone,

I just had the fixed wireless internet installed yesterday. The service works great and is way better than HughesNet. However when I booted up my PS4 to play some Destiny 2 I got a message saying that my NAT was a type 3. Logging into the router page to setup the PortForwarding/DMZ to open up the NAT some I cannot find the proper tab. It says to go to the settings tab>Firewall>Applications, Pinholes and DMZ. I do not have that tab, the only tabs I have under firewall are Status, Advanced Config and Firewall rules. None of those tabs allow me to port forward or setup a DMZ. 

Has anyone else ran into this issue? What can I do about this? I would really prefer just to turn the firewall on the AT&T router off and just use my own router. I have the AT&T Pace 5268AC modem/router.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Has this ever been resolved with an actual fix?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Nope, still can't do port forwarding. The service is usable but not ideal.
I keep an eye on any other providers that show up in the area for something
better. Really interested to see how SpaceX handles their service once that
goes live. I believe I've read in a few places now that it will be gamer
friendly.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Reply DELETED

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

How about correcting the banner on the post from https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60 ? It's not a "solution" but is instead acknowledgement that AT&T won't fix the problem.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

If I could I would but I am unable to do that. I believe that is controlled
by att moderators on here.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

4 years ago

this is about a sorry joke, the rep told me when i signed up that it was good for gaming, BOLD FACE LIE, had 3 reps tell me i could get UNLIMITED SERVICE, another BOLD FACE LIE, so I pay over a $100 per month on this service and I can't even finish a ***** match in the new COD that I have a $100 invested in.  A cell phone bill (att) thats over $200 per month and I amount to nothing to this company who I've been with for over 15 years.  

[word filter avoidance]

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

has there been a fix for this or a go around for it? I heard using a VPN fixes the issue. Anyone having a problem with PC gaming and this issue and have found a solution?

• 

1 Message

Nope. Unfortunately it's hit or miss. If you have games that have dedicated servers (Rocket League, League of Legends, for example) on PC, you're golden. If you want to play something that's P2P (Peer to peer, some examples being Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Destiny, I know my examples here were Switch and console, but you just gotta know what games you have that you want to play), you are messed up. I've heard of people getting a router, putting a VPN on it, and connecting it and getting NAT A, or B, but I've been essentially laid off and don't have the money to invest in even trying this option
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.