Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
reiner97's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 1:56 AM

No MMS on Microcell

I have an AT&T Microcell.  The voice side is working perfectly but I can't get MMS at all or access the internet unless the wifi is connected.  I've called Customer Service multiple times but have not gotten a solution yet...Please help!!

This is happening on 2 devices connected to the Microcell...MMS works fine once back on AT&T network.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

It was when I was not on WiFi in my house. If I turned WiFi off, I immediately had a 4g signal. But as soon as the phone connected to the microcell, I would get a notification that my phone had no internet connectivity.

I did a reset on the router (button in back and unplugged it). That seemed to solve the issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

To be clear then, performing a hard reset on the MicroCell has corrected your issues and everything seems to be working ok now?

Out of curiosity, when you had no internet on your phone could you still make and receive calls?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

The poster said that he did a hard reset on the router, not the Mcell.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

You are correct. I misread his post. Thanks for catching that.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I am sorry guys, I typed incorrectly in my post when I said the router. I actually reset the micro cell and that solved the issue. 

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, when I was having my issue of no internet on my phone, I could still make a call out. I called my daughter with success. But if I wanted to search the internet without the WiFi connection, I receved the no internet connection error message. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

That's why it's always adviseable to leave WiFi on all of the time. The additional benefit of that is that data charges are not charged against your data cap because you are using your own WiFi connection and not 3G. The max download on the MicroCell is about 3.0Mbps which is more than adequate for voice but data is another matter. Technically the MicroCell is for voice anyway and not necessarily for your internet connectivity.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issues. I have a microcell set up (arris gateway>router>Mcell). I can send and recieve calls perfectly fine on all phones connected (Lg, Iphone, Samsung, etc.) but none of them will get MMS messages and the visual voicemail on iphone does not work. My phone can brose the internet when connected to Mcell with wireless on, but when wireless is off it doesn't seem to work. Have followed all directions for opening ports, etc. Phone sends and recieves MMS messages when off of microcell and near a window in apartment. Any ideas? 

I should also mention I have another mcell at another house (not same internet provider) and the phones work perfectly there. 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Tiggs2325 - Please stick to one thread when posting your problem.  Posting your problem on multiple threads leads to confusion...not so much with me but with Otto....he's kinda old and slow you know....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Avedis Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.