Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
bebrad42's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 27th, 2017 7:41 AM

Closed

iPhone X Pre-Order Issues

i stay up all night and i keep getting redirected to the att page not the pre order page. i am beyond angry. i want my iphone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

It was expected there would be a high volume and it would be difficult to connect.  

Similar problems with the SE when it came out.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, but there's a difference between having difficulty to connect vs. CONNECTING to place an order and the order site not working properly to complete it...which was my issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The AT&T site never let me login for hours, I'm an existing customer for 15+ years, looking to upgrade.  I tried going to Best Buy, selected AT&T, it failed saying it couldn't connect.  Went to Apple, selected AT&T, tried to connect, and it failed to connect to AT&T.  So from 2-3am MT nothing worked.  Went to bed, woke up at 4am MT, again, failure.  Typical error code was (WLSS41016).

I FINALLY got through at 6am MT and now my wait is till Dec 1-15th.  Thanks for that AT&T.  

I'm going to look at other providers today.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had the same problem, seemed that they were interested in new subscribers not upgrades. Got mine done today after the same frustration you had. Look at the bright side, at least we will benefit from the IOS upgrade and not have to deal with all the initial bugs.

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

7 years ago

I feel very sorry for those who have not been able to place a pre-order early this morning for an iPhone X. Here is a success story that may or may not inform future scenarios.

At 1:30 am (CST), I opened the Apple Store on my iPhone 7, used Safari for Apple Store on my iPad Pro2, and used Edge browser tabs to open the Apple Store and AT&T.

The first available attempt was at 2:12 AM using Safari on my iPad for the Apple Store. However, Apple could not connect with AT&T. I then went to AT&T using Edge and when I was allowed in there were various complications (i.e. like eligible upgrade) but the purchase was eventually made with delivery of a space gray 256 GB promised on November 3.

I leave in a few hours for Germany but already have a confirmation email from AT&T so I hope AT&T support comes through for those who were denied access this morning.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

After spending two hours in middle of night trying to get order to go through and getting up to submit payment stage and still not being able to get it to go through, I gave up.  I decided to try again this morning and use Chrome as suggested by others in message boards and order finally went through.  Don't know for certain that Chrome was the difference maker, but order went through no problem using Chrome as browser. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Just received a text that my order is almost ready to ship 😀

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

Read the news and please realize it’s an ‘Apple fan problem’. Not a carrier problem.  (This happened to all)

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/everything-know-iphone-x-todays-preorder-kickoff-101909704--abc-news-topstories.html

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

It is not a carrier your problem your correct there service performs well its a tech problem Atnt formed a feature in there website for preorders that kept your place in line and had you wait at least 15 minuets for a turn to order which was a great idea but it failed tremendously after waiting 18 min when it was my turn it said sorry technically difficulty please try again which had me get in the back of the line and by that time ship dates were 2-3 weeks total failure at this day and age Atnt with all the revenue they bring in cant update there servers is a joke

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had the same problem. Signed on and "got in queue" at 3:01am EST. Waited 17 minutes for the progress bar to advance to the next step...which simply took me back to the homepage. Went back to the queue and it started all over. Complete fail!!! So sick of AT&T always failing to deliver. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.