Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

5 years ago

What happened when you tried to unlock, via the web site?  How long did you have your service?  Was it a NEW service contract?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am trying to unlock an iphone 6 and the unlock site says:

Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI.

I had several conversations with AT&T support and my understanding they are not able to fix it, my call is being I transferred from one person to another, I need to explain my issue again and again, but no one in AT&T support can help

I am confident this is an ATT phone, I did confirmed that at my local AT&T store, andI have been recommended to call AT&T Customer Support, again

I've been to Apple store and they recommended to call AT&T Customer Support as well

Please help me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’m having a serious issue unlocking a device. I called and spoke to a representative that guaranteed my iPhone. I’m overseas and now my phone is useless and having to rely on Wi-Fi, which is scarce. I’ve purchased a useless prepaid sim since AT&T Refuses to unlock. My case number is CM20191019_143348234. I would like this resolved as soon as possible. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

you need to ask for advanced support they can manually unlock it, with the shut down of 3G sometime in 2020 they have been purging imei from the database.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

huh? what error do you get when going to the unlock portal?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Spoke with AT&T Customer Support representative introduced as Neo, he was not able to find the phone by IMEI, and recommended to speak with Apple Care.

I cannot imagine why Apple would be responsible for software locking their iPhones to AT&T network. This is done by AT&T to keep customers from leaving their network until contract completion, but I'd think Apple cannot care less.

I asked the AT&T CSR this question, he said he cannot help

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@popen48  is this the number you called?

Advance Technical Support Team at: 800.331.0500

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I started the online process on 10/01. Nothing happened. Called yesterday and they informed me it would be processed. Then it was denied today. A is not looking at B and for some reason, it is not getting completed. Phone is paid off early and account is not past due. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

5 years ago

What was the reason they give for denying the unlocking request?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@Constructiveyes, that's the number I called.

They recommended to speak with Apple Care, but the thing is, I already did yesterday  and Apple Care rep referred to AT&T Customer Support.

BTW, I totally understand Apple - they are not in wireless telecom business and they do not care if iPhone is software locked to any particular provider.

Update: had a conversation with Apple support, we figured our the phone have been replaced twice through Apple support and we extracted IMEIs for all iPhones form the Apple CRM system

They recommended to submit an AT&T unlock request using the original IMEI number, hoping that all subsequent IMEIs would be unlocked as well.

It for some reason that would not work, I would need another appointment with Apple support to research other options.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.