For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
fdmajor's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 11:52 PM

note 4 n910a marshmallow update

Was wondering IF, and WHEN the note 4 n910a will get the marshmallow update??? Thanks for your time and assistance. ..

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Any news?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I personally think that AT&T is on the right track here. At&t should NOT be in the firmare upating business.  They should just focus on being  the mediocre service provider that sells hardware. Let the manufacturers provide their firmware updates.Software development is beyond the scope of their core competences.

Let's face it, the modern phone is simply a small personal computer that is capable of making phone calls. Would you allow your internet service provider (i.e Comcast, FiOS, or COX) to dictate what operating system updates get pushed out for your Windows or Mac laptop?...I don't so...GOD forebid. Yet, just becuase we get mobil service from AT&T that gives them the right limit how we use our phones? Why do we tolerate this strangle-hold and exposure to extortion. The FCC REALLY needs to look into this buisness practice...it can't be legal or fair-trade.  Especally once the phone is finally OWNED by the customer.  As customers, we demand that the Bootloader MUST be unlocked and the customer MUST be allowed to continue using the phone with ANY service provider they select.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have to say........When ALL the other carriers including smaller ones with LESS coverage have provided the 6.0.1 update to the S5 and the note 4......what the heck are you waiting for???!!!!

WE WANT THE UPDATE!!! and why lose so many clients for the delay......is i the desperate need to have everyobe buy the new note 7??? well alot of US LIKE the Note 4.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I left ATT last Thursday after 15 years.  I've sideloaded the latest Note 4 Marshmallow beta and am good to go.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

If there is a better deal, I would leave AT&T in a heartbeat. I'm not going to leave because they take too much time to upgrade the os. 

Tmobile looks better and better.

I will never go back to former GTE. You xcrewed me once. That's it. I hate it for life.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I hope they release the 6.0 Marshmallow system soon as the new update 5.1.1 Lollipop completely screwed up my Note 4 phone. Why have  all the other Cell phone Carriers released the 6.0 Marsmallow operating systems to their customers months ago but AT&T still hasn't released it for our Note 4 phones?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

I'm not trying to help AT&T for any reasons here. But we have to be honest with ourselves. 

As we all know, AT&T use Samsung Android OS and customize it for their own. They have to face alot of things before they release it to their customer. 

Here is the way I see it. Upgrading OS is not their top priority, especially for those two year old units. I would do the same if it is my business. As we've seen, all upgrades or changes have one thing in common. They all benefit AT&T AND/OR their customers. That's the nature of business.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Exactly, that is why i am not buying an at&t branded phone never again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Wow it sept 7 and still no update in sight and not even one response from at&t. Thanks for nothing!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have been on the phone with them twice in the last 3 weeks. I was given a date of Sept 5th 2016 and still nothing.  I will never buy an att phone from them again.  They were suppose to release Marshmallow for the S5 and Note 4.  All other carriers have months ago...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.