For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
fdmajor's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 11:52 PM

note 4 n910a marshmallow update

Was wondering IF, and WHEN the note 4 n910a will get the marshmallow update??? Thanks for your time and assistance. ..

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Got it, and since there is no way to successfully Root the ATT Note 4 version - I would be out luck trying to update to Marshmallow on my Note 4 via T-Mobile.

Thanks for the info.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Even root does not mean u can flash rooms.  The bootloader has to be exploited.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Are we there yet..? I kept checkling for the update every week last 4 months. Nothing. At&t, find the balls to admit there's no marshamelow for Note 4. As a comsumer, I will never buy At&t phone or theirs overprised service. The at&t phones locked or unlocked should be priced cheap, as the first CDMA only verizon phones - useless for other networks. Sad, att, sad.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

It's been a week since I'm on Anh Hàng Xóm SM-N910A update. PROS: Better car blutooth connectivity. CONS: weak signal bars - never more than 2 of 5 or 6. Button LED buttons flashing on any screen touch and rapidly turn off. If keep pressing the screen, they are just blinking. All other functions are fine. Of course, no WiFi calling on non-AT&T network. There's an option to turn it off completely, as well as all other AT&T junk background services. I don't feel a need to jump back to the official release of Lollipop. Enjoy.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Have you ever learned from our beloved note 2. We were waiting and waiting until such point when new phones came out. Then they said no more update for note 2.

Did you remember that?

We can buy all kind of phones from anywhere in the world. So we really don't have to depend on at&the anymore. 

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

MM is not there yet, I'm still checking.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

If AT&T finally releases some update, you can download it and flash via 'Odin' utility, if OTA is not available for AT&T devices on other networks.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

This is a brief list of countries that have received the 6.0.1 update for Note 4. Frankly, I don't think that those counrties can meet sales of the Note 4 (or S5) in quantities that US have sold. Maybe this phone was just introduced there to the market and they expect to raise sales with 6.0.1 2-years-old phones... 

2016-06-28 Trinidad and Tobago 6.0.1 

2016-06-27 Uruguay 6.0.1 

2016-06-24 Brazil 6.0.1 

2016-06-28 Kenya 6.0.1 

2016-07-15 Egypt 6.0.1 

2016-07-15 Afghanistan 6.0.1 

2016-07-15 Mauritius 6.0.1 

2016-07-15 Pakistan (PAK) 6.0.1 

etc.

I guess the best answer for AT&T would be "We've noticed that all the World received the 6.0.1, but we are watinig for the last bug to get fixed before we release any update to the 2-years-old phones. We care a bunch about our customers' experiance. If you don't like our approach, buy a new phone. It may come with the latest OS and we can garantee, we will discontinue updates before other providers around the Globe."

The AT&T is known as the oldest telephone and telegraph company. Seems like nothing has been changed much. Old phones, no updates.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I think the Wireless providers should have no power to modify the firmware or delay the release of the officially released firmware from the device Manufacturer. The example is Apple, that updates Sheep phones disregarding the provider, or Microsoft Windows that is updating Windows 10 OS despite the user has been opted out from the updates 😉

I would prefer Samsung to take care about my Samsung devices, LG about LG devices and so on, not AT&T, T-mobile, or any other SERVICE PROVIDER. Anyway, we are buying a phone, not the relationship. When we getting related phone unlocked, we expect some freedom of options - ability to install the Current OS, not the one currently available from your phone's SERVICE provider.

This is just a thought. WHY are we binded to the AT&T?!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

It is really upsetting to be residing in the Caribbean and unable to receive update because of lack of AT&T active account. After all, Haven't I paid cash money for an unlocked phone? Roaming in the Caribbean kills and the conversion rate from EC to US is another barrier! AT&T needs to revise it's policies and soon! Additionally, It is total idiocy to provide a phone with so many unwanted apps. Being a non-US resident makes most of these apps useless. It is incomprehensible why AT&T continues to force it's customers to have these apps, which in turn reduces storage. What should I do, re-activate AT&T account and have no purpose whatsoever for their service? Why must I continue to have bloatware on my phone? Why must AT&T dictate to someone who purchased a phone without contracts that he cannot have OTA updates? It is unfair and unethical. The arguments put forward here are all plausible! I wish that my voice be heard and that my phone receive the updates forthwith. I a m still running android 5.0.1 on a note 4 simply because I'm out of AT&T zone! This annoys me! It really does!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.