For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

Had a chat with Google Support, they said that it should be no more than 90 days from release, which would be Dec 29th, and to expect the update before then..   

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@RS1

im not holding my breath on it put it that way.  I flashed 6.0.1 runs like a top.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

I hear you.. But I'll give them till THIS update comes through, then switching to FI for this reason, among others (namely the cheap international options).

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

By my calculations, it has been 68 days (Oct 5) since the Marshmallow 6.0 OTAs were released. Since that time I've received and installed the November security update (LMY48Y), 6.0.1 has been released, and currently have received the December security OTA which is waiting for me to install.

Now if we can get security updates in a timely fashion, why the "H" can't we get the Marshmallow OTA? It is not too much to ask and I think we deserve an answer from AT&T/Google.

Now, I purchased my N6 from Google with the advertised understanding that Nexus devices receive "timely" updates. My wifes hand-me-down N5 got Marshmallow in October.

As far as I'm concerned, we should get some restitution from someone (Google and/or AT&T), and $25 doesn't cut it! At this point, am really regretting leaving TM and hope they'll have me back. AT&T should pay EFT for people; since all of my phones are unlocked that won't help me, but it could help others.

I don't care that I have a Nexus device and can side-load an update; I don't mind waiting less than 30 days, but this is beyond ridiculous.

I'm stopping by the local AT&T location over the Xmas break to see what my options are.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I was told an OTA update was scheduled to be released between Dec 9th - Dec 12th. Still nothing.... This is ridiculous. Why is At&T taking there sweet old time...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I'm a long time AT&T customer and have put up with a number of things over the years but this really is the straw that is breaking the camels back.

I bought a Nexus 6 direct from Google for 2 major reason.

1. Carriers putting their garbage in Android including the spyware/rootkit CarrierIQ (yes AT&T you still practice this)

2. Android updates direct from Google

I have been patient and wouldn't be so upset if I recieved it with only a week or so of a delay.

This is it, I've got my invite from Google ProjectFI and I will be making the switch.

AT&T or any carrier for that matter mucking about with the updates for an unlocked phone I bought from Google is wrong!  Shame AT&T, been a customer for decades but this is it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hey AT&T, this is getting beyond ridiculous now. The whole purpose of the Nexus program is defeated if we have to wait more than 2 months for such a big update like this. Waiting till the end of the year and then planning to drop AT&T for Fi.

Getting sick of waiting for Marshmallow.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@hhgk100 @r055co

even if you leave for Fi your going to have to unlock and wipe your devices to get to marshmallow.  Remember ATT is on LMY48Z or Y depending if you took decmember update and there is no upgrade path to marshmallow.  And 5.1.1 had a specific build for project fi.

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

Is unlocking and wiping going to make a difference? LMY48Y will still remain even after a wipe.  Did you mean to say you'd need to manually flash a different build ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

that is why I said to get marshmallow.

Yes to get off the ATT updates you will have to flash the latest Marshmallow build.

For those who wish to do it all easy.  Google this Nexus toolbox.  It will make it easy to unlock, then flash the latest update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.