Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Well Glimmerman76 when you change carriers you do get another sim card ya know 😉

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

You missed my whole point. I was talking about before switching
carriers.... And T-Mobile delayed the marshmallow update 45 days.

On a side note if you don't use a ton of data project fi is the way to go.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Well Glimmerman76 you're the one who replied to my post about switching to ProjectFi for reasons like AT&T mucking about with updates.

You do realize that ProjectFi is Google, don't you?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I tested project fi so yeah its google lol. I was just saying your going to have to flash marshmallow anyway why wait till you switch.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Like I've repeatedly stated Glimmerman76 I'm tired of carriers mucking about with updates, that's one of the major reasons why I have the Nexus.

Talk about missing the point!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T is REALLY dropping the ball on this one. I know they have issue with Google right now and have zero priority placed on this update, but they need to at least make an announcement...... Even if its to say screw you guys we're not releasing M to 6's. Talk about blatant disrespect to its customers. I'm really close to jumping ship, I'm not under contract and have an unlocked phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@r055co wrote:
Like I've repeatedly stated Glimmerman76 I'm tired of carriers mucking about with updates, that's one of the major reasons why I have the Nexus.

Talk about missing the point!

@r055co

Didnt miss the point at all.  I was just stating if your going to leave ATT you might as well flash marshmallow now instead of waiting.  As your going to have to do it to move to Fi.

You have a nexus and if you trully wanted marshmallow you could have flashed it on Oct 6th thats why you have a nexus right?

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

No that's not why most people get Nexus phones. Some people may want bloatware free devices and not a stupid apple product. Doesn't mean we wanna screw around with flashing our 650 dollar phones and take on the risk that comes with.. Anyway does that mean MRA updates aren't carrier specific like Lollipop is?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@RS1 wrote:
No that's not why most people get Nexus phones. Some people may want bloatware free devices and not a stupid apple product. Doesn't mean we wanna screw around with flashing our 650 dollar phones and take on the risk that comes with..

What risk?  Moto replaces phones that are miss flashed all the time.  LG did it with the nexus 5.  The thing is the warranty is still there.  But then again most nexus 6's are nearing there 1 year warranty anyway.

Then again I understand waiting for the OTA but then again like some people have posted they want to move to Fi.  Then they are going to have to flash anyway since they are on the ATT builds that have no update path at this time.  

I cant really believe that it has taken ATT this long to release the update.  It only took a week for them to push the update to the BB priv from the time BB released it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@RS1 wrote:
 Anyway does that mean MRA updates aren't carrier specific like Lollipop is?

see the table I posted it only has a unified build.  I think this is why ATT is taking there sweet time.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

Have a read on this one http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-6-marshmallow-images-and-project-fi

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.