Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Coop91709's profile

• 

49 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 7:27 PM

How to get a wearable plan with pre-paid?

So I'm an ATT pre-paid customer. I'm currently thinking about getting the Galaxy Watch 6 LTE, but I haven't figured out how to get the esim plan for wearables. Every time I have tried to add a line on website, it gives no option for a wearable plan. So is wearable plans only available to post-paid customers?

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

@formerlyknownas So let me get this str8, I can use the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch 6 without having an esim activated on it? All I have to do is use my Samsung C&TOOD to link it to my S21 Ultra and it will have cellular service even if I'm in the middle of a place with no wifi and my phone is at home?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

3 months ago

You can use the LTE version as a Bluetooth only device. It just won't work away from your phone the same way it will work when it's near your phone.

You did not need a Wi-Fi connection for it to function as a Bluetooth only device when your phone is nearby.    

I have the watch 4 and the watch 5.

The four is Bluetooth only. Both the four and the five are connected using Samsung call and text on other devices.  

But because the five is cellular it's the only one that I can use when I'm away from my phone and still receive and make calls and text messages.

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

I moved to Verizon

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

@formerlyknownas So I got the S24 Ultra and my Watch 6 is on the way, it was just too much not being able to add a companion device. But I went Verizon Post-Paid, got the phone basically free (turned in my old Note 9 that was cracked) and the watch will be here shortly, which I also got for free. But I didn't get a whole new plan, my girl just added me to her plan so basically I'm paying the same price I was for my pre-paid but now I got all the toys. Thanks for your help tho. 

I'm still confused on the Watch 5 part, so u don't have a companion plan linked to it correct?!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.