Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Coop91709's profile

• 

49 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 7:27 PM

How to get a wearable plan with pre-paid?

So I'm an ATT pre-paid customer. I'm currently thinking about getting the Galaxy Watch 6 LTE, but I haven't figured out how to get the esim plan for wearables. Every time I have tried to add a line on website, it gives no option for a wearable plan. So is wearable plans only available to post-paid customers?

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

Add a line...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

3 months ago

Already explained.

When you add a line/ phone number on prepaid It is an entirely separate account. 

For postpaid you can add more than one line / phone number to the same account

AT&T's companion device software program, number sync, requires companion devices to be on the same account.

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

So I guess I'm saying if they can do a family plan, you can save on multiple lines, which clearly states you can "add a line" which leads me to believe they would all be under the same account, how is adding a companion device any different? The banner at the bottom clearly states AT&T Prepaid, the option above says add a line "multi-line discount", I just don't get how you can do that but can't offer a companion device?

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

So you're saying if you do the family plan, each person is responsible for paying their own bill and they must each pay their portion on the exact same day as the rest of the people on the "family plan", but yet there's no way for them to all fall under the same account, so then how is that a family plan? 

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

@formerlyknownas did u see the picture and what it states? So then how does a family plan work?

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

@formerlyknownas What you're saying is contradicting what the website says. Even tho what you are saying may be true and facts, the website clearly says add a line to your account. Multi-line discount. I'm not crazy, I'm looking at it and have shown you a picture of it. So once again, it says "add a line to your account", it says $20 savings per line on family plans. If you can't add a separate line to your account, then how are you able to do a family plan?! 

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

3 months ago

Just Google “can I add a wearable to AT&T prepaid”.  🤦‍♀️

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

You can argue the semantics until you're blue in the face.  AT&T PREPAID doesn't support it.

• 

49 Messages

3 months ago

I have already lamented the fact that you can't, that was my 2nd post. I was just wondering how you can do a family plan but somehow unable to do a companion plan, that's it. To me it seems like they just don't want to offer it. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.