For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
reiner97's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 1:56 AM

No MMS on Microcell

I have an AT&T Microcell.  The voice side is working perfectly but I can't get MMS at all or access the internet unless the wifi is connected.  I've called Customer Service multiple times but have not gotten a solution yet...Please help!!

This is happening on 2 devices connected to the Microcell...MMS works fine once back on AT&T network.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Why don't you leave WiFi on? I do. That way I don't incur any data charges because it all goes thru my WiFi connection and not 3G. The maximum download speed on the MicroCell via 3G is about 3Mbps which isn't very fast. WiFi is much faster.

Samsung S4's have been very problematic in the past. Have you recently updated it and did it ever work, or is this a recent problem?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I do always leave my wifi on and that does solve the internet issue but the major problem is MMS.  With or without wifi on, I still can't receive MMS messages.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Is the Samsung Galaxy an AT&T phone? You may need the MediaNet settings for MMS. Just a thought. Did you recently update the Galaxy?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I have no problems receiving MMS when I'm not on my Microcell network so I don't think my MMS settings are the issue.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I would check your Mobile Data setting on your phone under Network settings.  Sounds like it is turned off.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Once again, when I am not on my Microcell, everything works perfect! I've checked the mobile data setting. Any other suggestions?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

You said this problem occurs on two devices.  I'm assuming one is a Samsung Galaxy S4.  What is the other phone that you are having the same problem with on your Mcell?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

The other phone is a Galaxy S3 but friends have also had the same Internet issue with an iPhone 5.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

As I stated, the Galaxy's have always been problematic. But if you have an iPhone, which is on your Approved User List, then I would suspect something is amiss with your ISP. And I say that not to point the blame away from the MicroCell but based on the fact that even if you use WiFi, you still have the problem. Using WiFi bypasses the MicroCell for data and uses your ISP exclusively, unless I've missed something.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

The data is not the issue for me.  Like you've said, I can and do use the wifi for data.  The problem is not being able to receive MMS.  Now that we've narrowed it down to the Microcell or the ISP, do you have any suggestions there?  I haven't called customer service back because this is the same basic troubleshooting I've already done!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.