For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dbucevski's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 4:00 PM

Viber Call charged $15

Hi, I just saw that I have been charged $15 for using Viber app for a call, the response was your internet connection was probably not too strong?? that is really strange, please explain... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@NoMoreScams1   And your friend was on WiFi too right?  

Don't assume you’ll never get charged on Verizon.  It has NOTHING to do with ‘security’ and everything to do with how calls are routed.  And since it is Viber claiming to be secure and private and it is NOT, your complaint should be directed at them.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Because Wifi call assist is what AT&T is using to bypass international call blocking and spy into your viber app.

This means AT&T cannot provide the coverage, therefore they have you use your “Wifi to assist” with their regular calls. Then when you use your Wifi to make a free international VOIP call on viber with viber dialer to another viber customer, then AT&T steals your free viber call and then AT&T Bills you for using your Wifi which you used to make the free international call.

do your own research and you will conclude the same as me and get as far away from AT&T as possible.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@NoMoreScams1 wrote:
Because Wifi call assist is what AT&T is using to bypass international call blocking and spy into your viber app.

What is "Wifi call assist"? I've never heard of such a thing.

This means AT&T cannot provide the coverage, therefore they have you use your “Wifi to assist” with their regular calls.

Maybe you mean "WiFi Assist"? Which has NOTHING to do with calls, but everything to do with data. 

Again if we mean WIFI ASSIST, then you are completely wrong. As WiFi Assist is what your phone chooses to use when it doesn't have decent WiFi, it has nothing to with your cellular company accessing your phone.

Then when you use your Wifi to make a free international VOIP call on viber with viber dialer to another viber customer, then AT&T steals your free viber call and then AT&T Bills you for using your Wifi which you used to make the free international call.

Since that's NOT the way that it actually works, we know that it's a fact that that's not what's happening.

do your own research and you will conclude the same as me and get as far away from AT&T as possible.

If you did ANY "research" you could provide some links that back up this nonsense...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.