Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@cayers13 You are not stuck. You can payoff what you owe on the phone anytime and cancel. If you think Verizon is so great, go ahead and switch. They have a switch offer just like ATT's. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@cayers13 wrote:

I just finished my last contract with AT&T and upgraded to an iPhone 7, so I guess I'm stuck with them until the hardware contract expires. If I knew I was going to have the unlimited plan raised on me once again I would've just said screw it and switched to Verizon, a better network and company. If AT&T can just raise the rate at any time why don't they just do it every month? Because they "value" their customers so much? 

another way to look at it they could have went the verizon route and raised it 20 bucks in one year...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Folks,

This is literarly a bullying action!!

Thanks..

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@medo2017 wrote:

Folks,

This is literarly a bullying action!!

No, it's LITERALLY a price increase.  (Do you know what literally means?)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cayers13 wrote:

If AT&T can just raise the rate at any time why don't they just do it every month? Because they "value" their customers so much? 

Are you suggesting monthly cost increases?  You'd be in the minority.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Like many on this forum, I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years, since ATT was Cingular. I called customer support to inquire about the price increase and could not get an answer. In today's competitive marketplace, retaining customers should be the #1 priority of any business. However, ATT doesn't care if loyal customers (who have paid thousands of $ over the years) move to another carrier. Great job ATT! We have all been customers for years and instead of rewarding us, we are penalized! It's quite sad. I am going to switch all 4 of my lines to another carrier who values my business. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@smithresh wrote:

Like many on this forum, I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years, since ATT was Cingular. I called customer support to inquire about the price increase and could not get an answer.

To "why are you rasing prices?"?

May I ask what would have been a "satisfactory answer" to you?

We have all been customers for years and instead of rewarding us, we are penalized!

Prices go up, it's part of reality. It's not being penalized.

No one promised that rate would stay the same forever (not to me at least).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

garylapointe (ACE - Master)

are you trolling for AT&T?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Att increased the price of my unlimited plan and now all of my members too like leaving me no choice but to let go my grandfather plan or else I will going to pay 💰 to much . Dont tell me you are helping me to save for changing it to Mobile Share Advantage, what I see is you trying to pull out my unlimited plan! 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Grandunlimt wrote:
With the $5 increase customers should be able to have hot spot ability. Is there any way the hot spot ability could be accessible with the grandfathered in unlimited plans. All other plans have this ability and as a valued customer with out the feature is a reason to switch carriers along with the $5 increase. 

One of the main reasons that the Unlimited plan is so much cheaper than the $450 100GB plan IS because you can't tether, because it's a one device option.  Some people with unlimited plans are using more than 200 GB a month.

Customers with this unlimited data plan are being discriminated against and treated very unfairly.

It's not discrimination. Those plans clearly use more data than they used to, so now they cost more. As more data intensive apps appear, don't be surprised if those plans get hikes every year or two as use keeps climbing. (AT&T is still $10 less than Verizon's jump from $30 to $50 for unlimited)

When people on non-unlimited plans use more data they pay overages or jump to a larger plan that's $10-$30 more a month. Are you sure it's not non-unlimited people that are being discriminated against???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.