Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

If everyone was still on the unlimited data plans, AT&T would be out of business. Those old unlimited plans are not making AT&T any money. They need to increase the price so that they can make a little on the old plans.

If you don't like it, you can switch to another provider without termination fees.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Brynn17 wrote:
So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

You're figured out their brilliant plan.

They only let you keep the plan for a half dozen years after they canceled it?!?  

And when your contract runs out, they'll keep that extra $18.75 that's been subsidizing your phones previously.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

As an unlimited grandfathered in plan who has been wihth AT&T for over 20 years, we pay alot more on our unlimited plans than those that have the 6GB service so how do you figure that AT&T is not making any money on us. I also have an unlimited plan with two phones and an I Pad with T Mobile so how is it that T Mobile is making money with the unlimited plan? If they weren't making money would they be offering it? I don't think so..... If AT&T is not making money on the unlimited plans then they must be doing something wrong. Seems like they need to revamp their management team!! Eventually I will discontinue my service with AT&T as I already removed my I Pad service to T Mobile with the Unlimited plan. It's ashame that At&T is losing their customers. Poor management team.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@leonella60 They can't be discriminatory and just raise the rates for some of the people with unlimited plans, they have to raise them for all of the unlimited plans. 

If they're losing money on these accounts then it's actually a good management decision to get you leave. If you still have a contract phone they are literally paying you leave by letting you out of the contract (okay, I guess that isn't actually literally, but they aren't making you pay for it). 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T you are IUTRAGROUS for implementing a price hike when you slow down unlimited data plan customers!!!!!!!! If you implement a price hike eliminate throttling (slowing down) the service.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@leonella60 wrote:

As an unlimited grandfathered in plan who has been wihth AT&T for over 20 years, we pay alot more on our unlimited plans than those that have the 6GB service so how do you figure that AT&T is not making any money on us. I also have an unlimited plan with two phones and an I Pad with T Mobile so how is it that T Mobile is making money with the unlimited plan? If they weren't making money would they be offering it? I don't think so..... If AT&T is not making money on the unlimited plans then they must be doing something wrong. Seems like they need to revamp their management team!! Eventually I will discontinue my service with AT&T as I already removed my I Pad service to T Mobile with the Unlimited plan. It's ashame that At&T is losing their customers. Poor management team.

@leonella60

thats the thing tmobile is not exactly making money hand over foot.  And remember they just RAISED there rates with tmobile one.

only making 366 million in the 3rd quarter with 7.1 billion of income means to cost tmobile a ton to give free unlimited data.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@RJRhymer wrote:
AT&T you are IUTRAGROUS for implementing a price hike when you slow down unlimited data plan customers!!!!!!!! If you implement a price hike eliminate throttling (slowing down) the service.

The slow down only happens if you it 22gb in a month and are on a congested tower..  ATT could go the verizon route and start booting unlimited users off the network.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@RJRhymer wrote:

IF?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

If my AT&T data plan is unlimited then why am I being forced to be limited to using only use 22gb (without being slowed down by AT&T)? AT&T your response to my comment is interesting. It sounds like AT&T wants its long time customers (who have the grandfathered-in unlimited data plans) to go to other companies. Why mention what another company is doing? We are your customers. AT&T how customer service friendly-NOT!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@RJRhymer The potential for a reprioritized slowdown at 22 GB is one of the downsides of this unlimited plan.  Paying for 25 GB will cost you $130 dollars for just one line, but no possibility of the slowdown and you get together.

I say potential because it only happens if where you are using your phone is congested, once the congestion stops your phone will speed up again. Many many users report never seen a slowdown even when using 100 GB or more.

If you have an ETF they will waive it if you switch to another company, that means if you still have a contract phone they're practically paying you to leave... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.