Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Hardy1965's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 5:19 PM

Closed

BOGO on iPhone 6 issues

I went in store and upgraded 2 phones in December 2015 using the BOGO offer for iPhone 6 and upgraded to the mobile share plan and have been paying the payment plan on both new phones for over 4 months.($75more a month than my old plan)
After 3 months/payment cycles I was to receive a credit for the cost of one phone ($659.00)
NOW AT&T is telling me " sorry this was only if you opened a NEW line". I have all the paperwork and have made every payment. I have been with AT&T for over 20 yrs and cannot believe they are doing this. How can you legitimately sell a person a promo and give them all the paperwork stating you are eligible, charge them for it and then not pay the credit when I did everything correctly.
Someone please help me get this corrected

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Iiaammii wrote:
Then most of LaPointe's emails should be deleted as they say the same thing every time: not ATT's fault, buyer beware, salespeople should not be expected to be honest.

Buyer beware is generally about the quality of the product itself, but not what I generally talk about.

(I guess it could apply to the quality of the cellular service too?)

I rarely say it's not AT&T's fault. 

I'm not here having a converstation with the salespeople, so I tend to not talk about them very much. 

Clearly these are conclusions you've come to on your own....

Yes, when someone has a free iPhone offer problem, the questions are going to be the same, it's the same offer! The same for the BOGO, if I changed the questions every time, that wouldn't make much sense, they're about the same offers.

I hope it's not a secret where I get the questions, I actually get them from the details of the offers. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Iiaammii

Pity you didn't put a couple of minutes into responding to ATT offer to resolve your problem.   You might have got the money you were owed.  Or did you find out you got everything owed, but prefer to keep stirring up the forum?   Since you never respond to these inquiries when you post, I suspect you found out something you don't want to post.  Like you actually got all ATT agreed to pay?   We may never know. 

There are many who continue to come back and complain.  And rightly so.  But they did actually try to get help here.   Every effort to get them help, or at least an honest answer, is made.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am going throug same issue, signed up for a "free" phone and still paying installment fees on it, not to mention two "free" ipads, old generation, for which I sucked up the cost and paid them off in full realizing they weren't free after receiving huge bill in mail.

I am still struggling with installment fees for the iphone and after multiple phonecalls and false promises from Att reps to fix my bill reimburse installments already paid I am getting nowhere.

Supposedly someone in Att "back office" is working on a resolution of my special case, however even with the incident ref number I am not able to get a status update... 

This is a one big scam by ATT! I am ready to call it quits!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Bulldog27 wrote:

I am going throug same issue, signed up for a "free" phone and still paying installment fees on it, not to mention two "free" ipads, old generation, for which I sucked up the cost and paid them off in full realizing they weren't free after receiving huge bill in mail.

I am still struggling with installment fees for the iphone and after multiple phonecalls and false promises from Att reps to fix my bill reimburse installments already paid I am getting nowhere.

Supposedly someone in Att "back office" is working on a resolution of my special case, however even with the incident ref number I am not able to get a status update... 

This is a one big scam by ATT! I am ready to call it quits!

@Bulldog27

This is not a scam.  But the promotion had requirements that had to be followed.  

If you met the requirements, everything that can be done to get your credits or an honest answer will be done.  

Hopefully your problem is not an iPhone 6, but 6s/6s plus.   The iPhone 6 was never eligible for the Bogo.  

When exactly did you change to ATT or add a line for a free phone?  (Date please)

Each of the BOGO events had different requirements.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

They're still pulling that crap in 2017. I have several recorded calls where customer service people are saying "yes your phones qualify for those credits"...pay one more month and then you'll see the credits.  Ya right.  Never happened. 

• 

44 Messages

7 years ago

Due to the age of the OP, and because a solution has been posted, this topic has been closed to prevent further replies. If you wish to discuss a similar (or different) issue, then please post a new message on the board that best matches the subject that you wish to discuss. Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.