Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Hardy1965's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 5:19 PM

Closed

BOGO on iPhone 6 issues

I went in store and upgraded 2 phones in December 2015 using the BOGO offer for iPhone 6 and upgraded to the mobile share plan and have been paying the payment plan on both new phones for over 4 months.($75more a month than my old plan)
After 3 months/payment cycles I was to receive a credit for the cost of one phone ($659.00)
NOW AT&T is telling me " sorry this was only if you opened a NEW line". I have all the paperwork and have made every payment. I have been with AT&T for over 20 yrs and cannot believe they are doing this. How can you legitimately sell a person a promo and give them all the paperwork stating you are eligible, charge them for it and then not pay the credit when I did everything correctly.
Someone please help me get this corrected

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

8 years ago

It's not a scam, it was a promotion and the requirements weren't met.

One line Had to be a new line with ATT. The promotion was for the 6s, not the 6.  

Unless you have a receipt saying you met all the requirements for the promotion, you did not and will not get the credits.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I am also facing the same issue. This is unethical business practice and someone in ATT need to address this. Not sure how many more are facing this issue.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There is nothing unethical happening if you did not follow the requirements to the letter. The terms and conditions for the BOGO offer have been advertised and made available for everyone clearly:

• The first phone can be a new line or an upgrade.
  • The second phone must be a new line and purchased on AT&T Next 24

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40

Ahh policy ... And fine print ... Gotta love 'em 😛... 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

It is unethical because just a month back I was told by the AT&T customer support that I will get back credit for bogo starting next billing cycle and today I am told I am not eligible. This is documented in the AT&T system and the CS today says that it was a mistake. How can they review the account commit to the BOGO credit and then pull back and give a different info.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Math2010 wrote:
It is unethical because just a month back I was told by the AT&T customer support that I will get back credit for bogo starting next billing cycle and told I am told I am not eligible. This is documented in the AT&T system and the CS today says that it was a mistake. How can they review the account commit to the BOGO credit and then pull back and give a different info.

That would be human error, not something unethical. The conditions for the promotion have not changed since day one. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Seriously this is the lamest scamming technique. The sale was made in human error as a bogo and then CS makes a human error commiting to the bogo. Now when it is time to give the credit, someone wakes up and says oops you are not eligible. I hope AT&T is a honorable company and somebody notices this and takes action.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If one line was not a new line it disqualifies the BOGO offer. There is no way to manually go back to change anything. The credit is automatic when all conditions are met.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Well I know that is a lie. In the below thread where you are one of the respondents for the same situation QcfMike was facing, he was given a credit. David - it is either poor memory span or you think I am not able to do my research.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account-Questions/BOGO-A-SHAM/m-p/4799329#M228670

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

8 years ago

Question for the AT&T cheerleaders.....

How does this system of the retractive denial prevent less than honest sales reps from taking advantage of the customer?

With the current system they can simply say you are eligible, close the sale, and then have "the system" deny it at some point in the future.

The ethical way is to make the determination at the point of sale, and go with that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.