Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
V

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 10:45 PM

Trade in device Issue

I ported 2 numbers from Verizon to AT&T last year October and enrolled in trade in program. AT&T had a deal for $700 trade in (per phone) for porting from other carrier and getting an unlimited plan. AT&T sent the shipping label through mail and used the same to return the device. For one number I started to receive the trade in credit but for the other one still I am not receiving any credit. When I called the customer service (611) they said they can't help on this and transferred me to the Trade-in department.

I mentioned the issue with the Trade-in department and they said they never received one of the trade in phone and asked me to raise a complaint with USPS. I raised the complaint with USPS and they responded back saying the device was successfully delivered to the sort facility in Nashville, TN and ATT needs to contact HYLA MOBILE.

I provided these details to the ATT trade-in department and they said they have raised the case and they will respond back in 48 hours. It's been several weeks after that and I never received any response from ATT. I tried reaching the ATT trade in department couple of times after that and every time they mentioned, they have to create a new case and they had no idea on the old ones I reported. Recently I called them again and they just cut the call as I was speaking to them. It's also not easy to call the Trade-in department directly through (Phone number hidden) number and I have to call the customer service (611) and ask them to connect to the Trade-in department.

Is there any other way to escalate this?

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

From what I was told by customer service, the stores are supposed to take the phones, period.   I was told by the rep at my store they were not taking them due to Covid, which was a lie. 

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

Erininsd

The trade-in program is supposed to be done through shipping (both receipt of new phones and return of old phones). 

https://tradein.att.com/ 

DO NOT send your old phone back in the box you receive your new phone. 

I would suggest trading-in the old phone(s) at a retail location and thoroughly documenting (pictures and written statements from AT&T agents) the condition of the phone(s). 

The entire process is broken. 

Do not be surprised if your trade-in device(s) arrive with cracked screens or other details that cause their value to significantly drop. You will never be provided proof of damage from the Trade-In department and the only way to fight the value adjustment is to have your own proof and then file an FCC complaint. 

Document EVERYTHING. 

Good luck. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Here's a more recent trade in program for the Galaxy s21 Ultra. Supposedly, trading a working phone in will accumulate to $800 in trade in for your old phone in good condition. I traded in my s9+ in perfect condition, no cracks, no scratches, nothing. The device was sent back via a prepaid box that ATT sent out to me. The phone was processed and it was determined that my phone had "damaged ports", meaning it would not allow the phone to charge properly. This was a phone that I used daily, so it was charged daily. Not sure how it got damaged in transit, but this feels like a scam. Lure you in with potential savings towards a new flagship phone but in reality, they will "assets" your phone so that you only receive the minimal credit towards the new phone. I just started the process of dispute with ATT and their warehouse. Waiting for an email to discuss further in detail about the damaged port. Will update when I can. 

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

PebHmoob, I wouldn't even bother with the dispute process and just go to BBB and file a complaint.  It is a very easy process and you will get a call from "the office of the president" within a few days and resolution/refund within a few days of the call. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It sounds like I have had the exact same experience as many on here. I sent back a perfect phone that sat in their warehouse for a month and then was said to have a crack in the phone so I would not be receiving my promotional  credit. Never-mind that I didn't do a trade-in on my son's device because it did have a crack...why would I then send a different one with a crack??? I have filled out a complaint with the BBB.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I also filed a complaint with FCC

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Anyone interested in filing a (Edited per community guidelines)? We are having the same issue with my husband's mobile phone trade in sent in early December. It's now mid-february and we have  Called 4 times with no resolution.  .. currently on hold for over an hour. Is this a scam AT & T?

(edited)

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I tried emailing someone about a Class A LS, but never got a response.   It seems like a viable idea, just not sure how to get it done.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Erininsd  you need to read the terms and conditions you agreed to. The only court you can use is small claims. 

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Maybe ATT should read the terms and conditions of their phone trade in policy and quit scamming people.  You’d think that after viewing this forum they would address these issues, but yet it still keeps happening.  Since you’re an employee there why don’t you try to bring it to someone’s attention and maybe they can respond to all the complaints on here?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.