For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
V

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 10:45 PM

Trade in device Issue

I ported 2 numbers from Verizon to AT&T last year October and enrolled in trade in program. AT&T had a deal for $700 trade in (per phone) for porting from other carrier and getting an unlimited plan. AT&T sent the shipping label through mail and used the same to return the device. For one number I started to receive the trade in credit but for the other one still I am not receiving any credit. When I called the customer service (611) they said they can't help on this and transferred me to the Trade-in department.

I mentioned the issue with the Trade-in department and they said they never received one of the trade in phone and asked me to raise a complaint with USPS. I raised the complaint with USPS and they responded back saying the device was successfully delivered to the sort facility in Nashville, TN and ATT needs to contact HYLA MOBILE.

I provided these details to the ATT trade-in department and they said they have raised the case and they will respond back in 48 hours. It's been several weeks after that and I never received any response from ATT. I tried reaching the ATT trade in department couple of times after that and every time they mentioned, they have to create a new case and they had no idea on the old ones I reported. Recently I called them again and they just cut the call as I was speaking to them. It's also not easy to call the Trade-in department directly through (Phone number hidden) number and I have to call the customer service (611) and ask them to connect to the Trade-in department.

Is there any other way to escalate this?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This whole thread is INSANE. I am having the SAME EXACT ISSUE. Traded in 2 phones in August only to NEVER receive a credit on my account. I am still paying over $200 more a month than I should be. This is the end. I cancelled my autopayment and at this point, I will not pay another bill until this gets resolved. I will gladly go back to Sprint.

I have emailed multiple people, called multiple departments. Got a "case number" and it was marked as "URGENT" which was all just (Edited per community guidelines). 

Per recommendations above, I emailed the CEO and President. I will also be making a claim with the BBB. No phone service or anything is worth dealing with such terrible customer service. I give this situation until my next bill is due (1/4) and then I will be switching to a new service. AGAIN. Frigging miserable.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Couldn’t agree more. The training department is her horrendous  and always has been. Oh the same thing with Verizon as well. I sent back two phones, however inadvertently I sent them in the return boxes that came with the new phones shipping them to the department that except returns on the new phones at the trading department that takes the old phones. So needless to say they will probably never be found. I should do a better job of tracking their packages and not being cheap and sending it the cheapest way. I’ve been on the phone with customer support probably for over three hours total and sent numerous emails. I have not gotten any response back about us to where they might be. The only way to resolve this is to ask for your case to be escalated to a top-tier manager. And get their contact details so you can keep bugging them directly. otherwise I’ll just keep getting thrown around from person to person who doesn’t know your case and you’ll have to 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I posted on this earlier... Just to give you all an update, once I posted to bbb I got a call within 2 days from a gentleman at ATT who sincerely wanted to fix the problem. Within another 2 or 3 days I got another call back from him confirming that he remedied the situation. My lost phone was located, and I was properly credited the $800 to my account as desired.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a family plan with AT&T, did 5 iPhone trade-in 4 weeks ago.  So far, they've only processed 2 and refused to credit with reasons like "Activation Lock not deactivated".  I remembered to erase and reset all my iPhone before shipping.  I think this trade-in AT&T trade-in program is a scam!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hi all,

I can't believe this has happened to so many of us! I ported my number over from Verizon January 2020 and am still waiting for my $700 credit. After calling monthly, I finally got a rep to agree to give me the credit in July ... which never appeared. Called again in August and they had no record of any of my previous calls. Dealt with the trade in department once and spoke with a very rude man (never again - it's just a blame game between them and AT&T). I've called every month and it's either they have no record of my situation or they're very sympathetic but nothing happens.

I have considered printing out all my evidence and writing an actual letter if complaint but quite frankly, I'm so exhausted by the hours I have spent on this issue already. This is criminal that they're doing this and you have to wonder how many hundreds of people are in this same situation, while they've gained new customers AND have taken our old equipment. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

An update regarding my case: I ended up contacting the Office of the President as someone suggested. Finally got a credit and the proper bill is now in place. Took about a week once they first contacted me. So, there is hope! 

Biggest problem for my situation was that I did my initial transaction in the store. The store and the corporate office has ZERO communication which is where the disconnect was. 

I am happy all this junk is over. I was ready to cancel my service and be done.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Sent in a perfectly working Iphone 8plus 256GB, and they only gave me $25 credit stating that my iphone wasn’t eligible because it would not power on and had it listed as cracked screened, activation blocked and 64GB. Liers and scammers, told them want my phone back because no one i  their right state of mind would sale an Iphone 8 plus 256GB for $25. I am on my 4th day trying to reaolve this issue and looks like they don’t care. I’ve always had insurance on that Iphone for the last 30mnths and never filed a claim because it was working perfectly fine (if that would have been the case, I could easily get a new one through my insurance and my deductable is only $29). 16 years with ATT and this is how we get treated, I’ll switch next month of course. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

GREAT NEWS - BBB works!!! 

Go to the BBB website and file a complaint. It's a long questionnaire but worth it. I got a call within 48 hours from the AT&T Office of the President and my issue was resolved with ONE phone call. Credit has been applied. I am so relieved after fighting this for 1 year.

Thanks to all on this forum who suggested BBB! I am paying it forward and telling you all it works - AT&T takes BBB complaints seriously. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue!  A $300 credit was never issued.  They claim the device was damaged when received in Nashville, TN.  I have clear pictures of my device showing it was in excellent shape and packed in bubble wrap.  After making countless phone calls and repeating the same issue to 1/2 dozen "loyalty and retention" customer service reps, I'm done.  I'll also be filing a complaint with BBB and switching my business to Verizon(20+ years with At&T).  This issue needs to be made public!!!

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and to whom it may concern, . Can someone please Help me.. My name is Shari Daniels.. I am  an Essential Worker.  I care for  Seniors, Disabled, Legally Blind Clients. I need my Phone to contact clients l, my Supervisor as well as use Google maps to get to and from new Clients residents. I must keep a active  phone.  My telephone number is 708-714-0898.  On November 9 2020. I called Att to upgrade one line. Once I spoke to them, I got suckered into two new upgrades. Att representative Novia informed me that I could upgrade both lines. She ask me the make n model of the trade-in IMEI #.  She explained, My 0898 number would be receiving.  $700 for the Note8 64g. Novia stated that because she seen that Att just sent me Note 8 64GB end of October; 13 days, Prior to this incident. It would go under; what they considered a PremiumTradein Device . I would get $700 for my trade-in device.. but I had to Act now Bye now.. At the time of the promotion,  it was up to $800 October-November.  She informed me that this specific promotion was only good for 1 or 2 more days.. So... Due to my note 8 being brand new, and said I was a Loyalty member over 30 years. It would go under a Premium trade in category.. She says that a Note20ultra without a promotion is $43.34. But. With my $700 credit  applied a $23.34 credit applied. Leaving $20 balance Over the course of 30 months . My total would be $600 for 30 months  until the phone is paid off. Then would go down after the phone is paid off.  But in order to lock in my Promotion of $700. Which she says in 8 days value would decrease. I had to just pay the taxes then on both lines asap. . It was the only way to start my premium trade in credit of $700 applied in 3 billing cycles. .. She also told me that once the new phone arrive. Look for a Trade-in Label. If a Return label Was In it...  "Please Dont send it using that label.. it will go to the wrong department" As if you are not happy with your device.. She says its supposed to say trade-in label.  November 11 or 12, 2020 a the samsung Note20ultra was delivered. I called Att again to inform them, No trade-in label was in the box...A return label was the only item in the box. On November 12, 2020.  I called spoke to Eric and Chris.  Waiting for 1.5 hours. They informed me that a label would be sent to me in 7 days my mail or by email. I waited and waited.  No mail came. No Email.  November 17, 2020. I called  Att Spoke to Casey,  She informed me a Error occurred where Att charged me $842.38 for a phone.. for 2 or so hours.. Att investigated it cleared it up and appogized..for the Mishap. I was credited for that Mistake &/or Error. I was sent to the warranty department; spoke to Christopher. He told me not to. Worry. Everything was fine.  I had to wait a few more days.. When November 24, 2020 came. No Email..No Trade-in Label by Mail. I got worried even more.. I called  Att Again.. Spoke to Virginia that day.  She put in request for shipping materials. . I waited and waite
 Nothing. I called back. December 3, 2020 spoke to Malissa. She switched  me over to another  department.  I was told that  the IMEI number  tracking  number  didnt match.  Which was also Weird. Then spoke of the Error but could  not explain.  For 3 hours, I was switched to Carlos who switched me to Angle to Ron finally to Jira. Phone time bout 3 or so  hours.. Jira gave me a confirmation number..item # and article number that explains the $700 credit is to be applied.. the Following day, Dec 4, 2020; a trade in Label was created.  By Jiri or more But TWO DIFFERENT EMAILS with TWO different Shipping labels created. One said Trade in label follow these steps.  The other email  saying RETURN  LABEL CREATED... I had No idea until I went to Print the email.  Noticing Quickly the two different shipping labels sent to my email on the Same day... Moments... Apart. I printed the correct TRADE-IN label. Took pictures and videos of the trade-in phone as told to do so. If not risking lesser value for damaged  phone. with the IMEI number. Pictures in this email. . The label was created Dec 3,2020 8:30ish pictures attached. The next day when my UPS opened I shipped the Phone after Work. To Att. Manager Warehouse in LA Verne, TN. Pictures  also attached in email.  I shipped it December 4, 2020. December 7, 2020 Att. Received and sign for the phone. On December 17, 2020 I received an email stating Att have the phone  looking over the phone.. it would  be 2 or 3 billing  in  credit applied in Jan.  Time of promotion of phone in. November will see my $700 credit applied..  I received another email. Proof Attached. That December 17, 2020 this phone was Sent the Return center in Flower Mound TX. 75028. Which was sent to wrong department. 😕 . That invoice is this 601711836 tracking 251933503. Proof in email.. That information was for a Return Label that was wrongfully Created. By an associate . Thats incorrect. Its supposed to be a Trade-in Label . Tracking 
# 1Z6R9{ {Social Security Number detected, text hidden}}-0432 proof arattached in email.. On December 20,2020 I called Again..  spoke to Alicia. She informed me that, a Error occurred,  I would be receiving ONLY $350 credit.  The first time me Ever hearing about $350. For my premium trade in. Shs says she see where My phone is and was eligible for the 700 trade-in.  But somehow could explain why  they changed their minds.  determineding it was not worth what's agreed.. Att Silently broke the agreement made to me  on Nov 7, 2020 with  no explanation as to why who or what occurred. contract without calling or contacting me.as to the finding   Within 20 days how did they Depreciate  the vile of my Phone.  I wrapped and packaged  the box well.Ask my phone type to.... when  I signed  up, It was for a trade-in value of $700.. .  She informed me a requested  a  "Escalation . It's was done that day Dec 20, 2020 . A $700 credit will be applied on January 3, 2021. Case # CM20201220_147855976 was created.  Said that in two days supervisor or manager would contact me either email or phone.  Nothing for days. . I waited.  And waited... nothing.  I noticed on the bill . I received one credit for one time credit  $23. 64 in December  but changed  in January Only a $11.34 over 30 months  is 950 credits over 30 months applied. Switched  to $350. . Less value  as quoted.  Att did not have  to lie and Sucker me into 2 more year . contract . It was unnecessary.  . Had they would have been honest  and  told me.  well look Mam. Your  phone is Only  worth  350 take it or leave  it. It or even  mention $35-89 for any  reason.  I would have never sold att my brand new phone  for 70 or 350. I had just purchased 3 cases  for that new phone for protection.  In December  I  purchased 3  Note20ultra  cases. I am Disgusted as Evver. I behave never  been a victim  of Trade-in Promotion  until  this. I would NEVER EVER 😔DO THIS AGAIN  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.