Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
abusedcusstomer's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 6:30 PM

The worst company in America

Bad service for over 10 years. Dropped calls, bad reception, unable to talk to people after a few mins due to spotty coverage, etc.

Customer service points me to my local store and then my local store points me to customer service. They tried to charge me $150 for a Microcell for a service they are unable to provide. Basically charging extra because they are unable to provide the service I am paying for.

Rude local employees. Lack of accountability within the company. Everyone says that have no control or can't help.

I can't talk to the tech support people because my reception is so bad the call drops after 5 mins.

Such insolence towards your customers - disgusting.

One customer support lady even said they no longer support Microcells and now suggest that you make Wifi calls. Why then would I pay you anything if your suggestion is to just switch to Skype or Facetime phone calls? It's almost like this company knows its service is garbage and is trying to suggest stuff that helps them avoid spending more money to provide even the most basic service to their patrons.

I hope this company rots somewhere bad. Switching to another carrier soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tretiree It really matters where they are specifically in Colorado. They might live in a place where everyone has sucky coverage. But they need to try some other service to see. 

Or instead of finding out that all their AT&T friends have bad coverage, find out what the people happy with cellular coverage have...

AT&T is great for me in Michigan in the places that I spend time in and vacation in. But if I lived elsewhere in the state and hiked other places that wouldn't necessarily make it the best choice for me. 

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L  You are right where you are in CO makes a difference. After I posted that link I noticed it was a couple of years old so things change quickly also. That is a good point about finding people that like their coverage.

@MicCheck  From working for AT&T, I understand that wireless calls are only wireless calls for a short length. They quickly jump on existing infrastructure (central offices) to complete over fiber and other networks. Most towers are built by the primary carrier in the area then two sides are usually leased to other cell providers. In AT&T states, AT&T contracts them out. Verizon does in their areas.  Since Centurylink is not a cell phone company, it looks like Verizon provides their cell services. There are exceptions to this of course.

One of the best examples I have seen of service going from fabulous to terrible was when I went to Cowboy stadium several years back. I was at a police/fireman charity football game and I noticed the wireless connection was fast, extremely fast. Since I worked for AT&T, I always messed with the speed tests to see how fast it really was. I was getting 15 to 20 meg wireless downloads, much better than my Uverse wifi at the time. I went to my local library and downloaded several books very fast.  

So a few weeks later I was back there for the Cotton bowl and I thought while I was waiting for the game I would do a little high speed surfing. I immediately could not get a connection on wireless, just timeouts. I saw on the scoreboard where they had free AT&T wifi. I thought AT&T may be sharing that great connection with other non AT&T customers since it was open to all.  So I connected, it immediately disconnected, and so on for about 5 minutes. How could this be?  I had a super fast connection the other day. Of course there were 10,000 people in the stadium that day,now there were close to 100,000.  So if I told someone about the AT&T connection when they were less people in  there, it would have been a glowing accessment. But if I was describing it that day, it would have been TERRIBLE, WORST EVER COMPANY.  So same place, different day, big difference. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tretiree People always ask me what to get for the Detroit area (or wherever I am when they ask). I don't care what the most popular carrier is in the area.

What carrier is best where you:

• live
  • work
  • hangout
  • vacation

If Verizon is #3 in the area where you live, but it's the ONLY coverage where you spend your summers/vacations, then you've got to factor that in to the equation. That's assuming it's "okay" in the other areas you frequent...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have very limited options for home internet. It is AT&T or Time Warner (Spectrum). AT&T has worked OK for me as long as I don't need repair or anything. My wife upgraded her AT&T phone and they talked us into changing from IP/DSL to U-Verse direct internet at home. 5 times the speed for less money. So I said OK. They made an appointment to switch it and waited the four hour period for them, but they didn't show up. What they did though, was to remotely disconnect my DSL. I called and was told that the next available appointment was 14 days away. I told them if that is the best they can do, reconnect my DSL. No Way. I spent most of the next day calling every division of AT&T trying to find out what I could do, and was repeatedly told I could do nothing. My wife, bless her, went back to the AT&T store where they sold this to us and said we were going to be camping out in their lobby every day and using our laptops to do business, since they had wireless and we didn't. After over two hours in there and her repeated conversations with them where their other customers could hear, they were able to get us an appointment for the following day.

Now I have U-verse which may be a little faster, but it disconnects about every 5 minutes for about 1 minute and then comes back up. They said they will work on that. Today, as I am writing this, I just found out that they missed the scheduled appointment, just like they did yesterday, and two days before that. Three days I have waited the four hour time frame, and they did not show up. I now have another appointment for tomorrow. I have no faith they will make that one either. I have tried to escalate this and am supposed to receive a call back from a supervisor. What do you think my odds are? I am over 60 years old and I seriously have never seen service this bad in my life. I am trying to figure out what to do. I have heard horror stories about Spectrum in our area, and to get a reasonable price I have to go with their television package too...Uhgg. The only good thing about AT&T is their recent purchase of Direct TV, but they will probably ruin that too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

After all failed efforts I'm giving up on this clown company.  Spend all their money on marketing, nothing on infrastructure.  Live in LA and we have no reception!  If you don't have it here where can you get it?  No response from management wahtsoever?  These guys are the worst.  Customer service is even worse, never follow through on orders, don't return dropped calls.  Limited customer service hours.  Management is awful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been an AT&T customer for more than 8 years, but I have learned in a hard way that ATT doesn't really care about its customer. Their own store makes a mistake and they charge me for their mistake and send the bill to the collection after 4 years, while I am current on all my current bill with them.  It is pure corporate greed and I can't wait to take my business somewhere. I will make sure to bring this to light on social media

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

After 14 days get an email from ATT that they are removing discounts given by an ATT rep at the their store...

1st No one told me about additional info required.

2nd ATT sales rep took picture of my ID to prove discounts
3rd ATT removes discounts quickly but does not recognize trade ins that you have in your possession for several months therefore keep charging my account - no consideration for my (the customers) cash flow.
4th the up charges added an additional $60.00 a month to my bill - and have to jump through hoops to have them removed.  
I believe it's time to consider competitors and move away from ATT as well as go to the internist with these issues...
very frustrated,
Bruce
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.