For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
BC51TFA's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 3:04 PM

IPhone 7 Promotion last Sept.

I signed up for the promotion in 9/16. I traded my paid for, mint condition iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7 and a credit of up to $650 over the life of the att next contract.

To this day, I have not received a single credit on my account! I have spoken live to 3 customer service reps, went to the att store that I signed up at and "chatted" with 2 different customer service agents....NOTHING!

My first call after not receiving a credit on my account for the next billing cycle, I was told for the first time that it would take 2-3 billing cycles before the credit would show.

The next call, a month later, I was told, "you need to be patient, that's all I can do".

The third call, "you will receive a lump credit on your next bill for all of the previous months."

The store visit? They confirmed all of my account info and verified I was part of the promotion. They then said I needed to call "customer service" and they could apply the credits immediately and that this promotion has had problems.

The two chat sessions last Wednesday? The first lasted nearly an hour with a guy named "Breyven". He promised to "bump this to a supervisor" and that it would be "resolved". Due to the length of the session, I had to end it. But I gave him contact info, he said "a supervisor will contact you by tomorrow, at the latest". I have not received a call or email yet.

The last chat was very productive. Especially when she told me that there were no notes from my previous chat session attached to my account!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

We continued and though I expressed my frustration, she was very professional and polite. She gave me a case number and promised resolution by Feb 3. We will see....I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and after she told me there was no notes from my previous chat session, I screen shot the entire session.

I'll post up when resolved.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically when? (or order date)
3. You turned off Find My iPhone?
4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?
5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 
6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?
7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail?
8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?
9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?
10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?
11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?  MINT

The promo worked successfully for me, I got the lump credits and the rest have been coming monthly...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

My only questions are how did you trade in your 6, mail or store?

have you received any notice they got he iPhone 6?

calling is too random, you may get a different person each time.   I recommend sending a message through the forum by clicking here >> @ATTMobilityCare.  This is a small group of specialized support personel which handle the tough problems. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Not sure who you are or what you can do, but in the interest of maybe helping someone else that is having the same issue, it appears to be quite a few, here you go:

2. 9/30/16
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. At the store.
8. 4-5 days later.
9. No access to the receipt right now.
10. Reset the phone with the CSA

I have upheld my end of the transaction 100% and have been extremely patient, considering the care I have received.

If this is not resolved by tomorrow, as stated by the CSA I last chatted with, I will not be nice anymore.

I have also emailed the suggested ATT advisory group.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

I have confirmed that it was received while at my visit to the AT&T store a little over a week ago.

And I emailed the ATTMobilityCare and have received a response that they are looking into it.

Thanks to both for the replies!

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Gary ,

I apologize for sounding like such a DH in my initial response. Thanks for being willing to help.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:
Not sure who you are or what you can do, but in the interest of maybe helping someone else that is having the same issue, it appears to be quite a few, here you go:

Just a geeky volunteer, trying to help give straight answers. The reps tend to not like to give "bad" news as they get yelled at and (probably more imporant) get rated low for the support...

2. 9/30/16  HERE IS THE PROBLEM
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. At the store.
8. 4-5 days later.
9. No access to the receipt right now.
10. Reset the phone with the CSA

I have upheld my end of the transaction 100% and have been extremely patient, considering the care I have received.
If this is not resolved by tomorrow, as stated by the CSA I last chatted with, I will not be nice anymore.
I have also emailed the suggested ATT advisory group.

Unfortunately, the free iPhone promo ended on September 25, 2016 (through September 30, 2016 in Puerto Rico).

Sorry.

To be clear, I don't like to give bad news, but I figure knowing the truth is better than not being able to figure out the problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I think I know your issue. The promotion ended early. I forget the exact date but it was before 9/30. If you bought your new iPhone on 9/30, the promotion was over.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Actually that is not correct regarding the end time. I have verified at the Corporate AT&T store (where I received my phone and dropped off my i6) that it was extended to 9/30. It is in my account notes and has been verified through the store manager, with CSA's on the phone and in chat with the CSA's.

I am supposed to receive an email with "resolution" tomorrow.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

I think I know your issue. The promotion ended early. I forget the exact date but it was before 9/30. If you bought your new iPhone on 9/30, the promotion was over.

I'm not sure if ended early is the right wording, for the first few weeks (see below) it just said "limited time" but they had an end date of 9/30 in PR, so many assumed it was later. At some point (between the 17th and the 24th) the 25th showed up as an end date on https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.30.01 PM.pngNo end date.

From the "press release" http://about.att.com/newsroom/iphone_7_pricing.html

For a limited time, customers can also trade in an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, or iPhone 6S Plus that’s in good working condition and they can get an iPhone 7 32 GB free after $650 in monthly bill credits when they buy it on AT&T Next or AT&T Next Every Year with eligible service.

BELOW FROM https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261 which is where http://att.com/tradeinoffer redirected you at the time (and still today).

On 9/17/2016 - NO END DATE

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.40.44 PM.png

On 9/24/2016 END DATE ADDED.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.40.59 PM.png

3 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

The promotion was pulled early. It was pulled on the 25th. It only went on til the 30th in Puerto Rico. If you look back on some old posts from around that time, there were a lot of upset people because they waited until the last minute and the promotion ended when they reached the limit of the phones sold. It had to be purchased on or prior to the 25th.

Here is the website stating such - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.