Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
BC51TFA's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 3:04 PM

IPhone 7 Promotion last Sept.

I signed up for the promotion in 9/16. I traded my paid for, mint condition iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7 and a credit of up to $650 over the life of the att next contract.

To this day, I have not received a single credit on my account! I have spoken live to 3 customer service reps, went to the att store that I signed up at and "chatted" with 2 different customer service agents....NOTHING!

My first call after not receiving a credit on my account for the next billing cycle, I was told for the first time that it would take 2-3 billing cycles before the credit would show.

The next call, a month later, I was told, "you need to be patient, that's all I can do".

The third call, "you will receive a lump credit on your next bill for all of the previous months."

The store visit? They confirmed all of my account info and verified I was part of the promotion. They then said I needed to call "customer service" and they could apply the credits immediately and that this promotion has had problems.

The two chat sessions last Wednesday? The first lasted nearly an hour with a guy named "Breyven". He promised to "bump this to a supervisor" and that it would be "resolved". Due to the length of the session, I had to end it. But I gave him contact info, he said "a supervisor will contact you by tomorrow, at the latest". I have not received a call or email yet.

The last chat was very productive. Especially when she told me that there were no notes from my previous chat session attached to my account!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

We continued and though I expressed my frustration, she was very professional and polite. She gave me a case number and promised resolution by Feb 3. We will see....I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and after she told me there was no notes from my previous chat session, I screen shot the entire session.

I'll post up when resolved.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

One other thing. Don’t buy this crap that everyone will tell you, “The offer ended on 9/25/16, except Puerto Rico where it ended on 9/30”. I made my purchase on 9/30. It was approved by the Stire Manager. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

6 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:

One other thing. Don’t buy this crap that everyone will tell you, “The offer ended on 9/25/16, except Puerto Rico where it ended on 9/30”. I made my purchase on 9/30. It was approved by the Stire Manager. 

Well, it did. It sounds like you persevered long enough to get someone to make an exception. They is definitely not the norm, and it sounds like it led to a very frustrating experience for you. 

But, you're happy now and you're getting a better connection, so that's all that really matters. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:

One other thing. Don’t buy this crap that everyone will tell you, “The offer ended on 9/25/16, except Puerto Rico where it ended on 9/30”.

That is incorrect, the offer DID end on the 25th (see the more details in post #37).

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 2.40.48 PM.pngWith an end date now...

I made my purchase on 9/30. It was approved by the Stire Manager. 

This fact that you purchased on 9/30 is likely what lead to the "worst customer service experience of my life" and even tainted your experience so much so that you left AT&T before even getting all your credits. That's generally not how the promos work when followed correctly...

Please don't confuse people into thinking the offer was through the 30th, you may have forced them into honoring the correct information you were given, but if the manager was truly able to make those exceptions (clearly they weren't) it should have been pretty painless for you (instead it was a horrible experience). You also dealt with this a year ago, that's going to be even harder for anyone reading this a year later to do anything about it now (it's not like you got this fixed last week).

I'm not about to tell someone the proper steps is to go to the store and argue with the manager, I can't imagine how some people act in the store, I know several times in the thread you apologized several times for how you were acting in the forum (before thanking us for information). I can only state the steps. When it appears that they did all the all the steps correctly, I have suggestions, not when they weren't followed. 

I ordered on September 16th and my credits started up about 20-25 days later. I didn't have to strong-arm anyone to upholding incorrect information.

95% of the people reporting in the forums having problems with this promo are having problems because they didn't meet the requirements; this may be due to not reading the offer or misinformation from a rep, but still not properly done. Although this makes a case for reading the actual offer (and keeping a copy of it), much better than having the "worst customer service experience of my life", don't you think?

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Gary, 

Here are my replies to your response:

I’m not trying to confuse anyone Gary. You keep spouting the dates of the promotion and implying that it is the customers fault that the ATT employees signed me up for a promotion that was out of date! The fault lies with the ATT employee, they are the ones with access to the system to make the order. Therefore it is up to ATT to fix the problem that was created by them. 

As for aplogizing on here, you are correct, I did. I was beyond frustrated with ATT and was searching for a solution. I kept getting the run around from ATT and people on this forum spouting the company line. In my case, nothing that was suggested in this forum helped in the final resolution of my case. None of your suggested steps helped reach resolution of this issue. 

I never suggested going going to a store and arguing with the manager or causing a scene. I said to go and talk with them. I admit, I am not the best communicator when it comes to the written word, as clearly evidenced in my posts here. However, I have outstanding communication skills when meeting live. I presented my receipts, transcripts of the chat sessions, notes I had taken of phone conversations and a copy of my email with the @att mobilitycares, in which the said “we can’t help because you have a open case”. 

Kudos Gary, you ordered yours on 9/16 and it worked for you. Sweet. When I ordered mine on 9/30, the store was plastered with the trade in offers and APPROVED by the person that ATT deemed worthy of representing ATT in business transactions with their customers. No where did it say anything about the end date! The end date came up when I was in the process of signing up. The CSA went to her manager, on her own and had the transaction approved. How on earth do you state that this is on 95% of the customers? It’s ATT and THEIR employees that are signing customers up! 

”The worst customer experience of my life” lies solely on ATT for their handling of this. 

My advice on here is sound and resulted in my financial satisfaction. Posting on here will not solve this issue, you are simply an anonymous person posting here. Deal with ATT politely face to face, your chance of success will be greatly improved. 

Good luck!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:

I’m not trying to confuse anyone Gary. You keep spouting the dates of the promotion and implying that it is the customers fault that the ATT employees signed me up for a promotion that was out of date! The fault lies with the ATT employee, they are the ones with access to the system to make the order. Therefore it is up to ATT to fix the problem that was created by them. 

But it is confusing them when you tell them that's not correct information, it's pretty much sharing the same incorrect information that you got.

I'm generally not blaming the customer. I am telling them to read the offer. This isn't buy a cantaloup and get one free and it's no big deal if it doesn't work right, this is $650. It's a huge deal and it's certainly worth reading the offer. 

For most of these issues that revolve around a salesperson giving bad info, you are just making the point that you SHOULD read the offer (and I'm not sure who taught people to trust salespeople who make money off of selling you things). You can disagree with me on this, BUT we know how it turns out when people don't read the offer (generally not a good idea).

ALSO, I'm not having the conversation with the salesperson, I can't make recommendations for the salesperson as they aren't participating in THIS conversation.  

It's the customer who is being replied to (they are the only one I can make a suggestion to). 

As for aplogizing on here, you are correct, I did. I was beyond frustrated with ATT and was searching for a solution. I kept getting the run around from ATT and people on this forum spouting the company line.

It's not the company line, it just spouting the facts of the published offer. These offers are in WRITING if you take a few seconds for a google search.

We read the offers even if we're not getting the offer, but we HOPE people will ask us IN ADVANCE (on the forum or friends/family/coworkers). 

In my case, nothing that was suggested in this forum helped in the final resolution of my case. None of your suggested steps helped reach resolution of this issue. 

It's really hard to make a recommendation on what to do when the offer is done wrong. When it's done correctly, and it doesn't work, I've got suggestions.

I'm not sure I made a suggestion. We kept mentioning the deadline and you kept wanting to say that it was okay that you got it after the deadline. Go back and read it. We heard your story, but we weren't there and didn't know any of the players that you dealt with.

The end date came up when I was in the process of signing up. The CSA went to her manager, on her own and had the transaction approved.

I hear what you are saying. But that didn't really work out.

Rereading your posts on page 1 of this thread (and the above comment), it seems clear they knew it was expired and I'd have gotten it in writing to make sure it applied to me. (Actually, I'd likely have skipped it since it wasn't properly in writing, these things are clearly hard to argue). Obviously whatever they said was not correct. Someone thought they could override something, but clearly it does not properly work that way (hindsight helps here).

How on earth do you state that this is on 95% of the customers?

It’s ATT and THEIR employees that are signing customers up! 

That is NOT what I said.

I said 95% are "having problems because they didn't meet the requirements" and that this "makes a case for reading the actual offer (and keeping a copy of it)"  do you disagree that reading the offer would often help with these issues? 

People don't just give away free $650 iPhones without there being a catch. It just seems like really good common sense to read the offer to make sure you qualify. 

Posting on here will not solve this issue, you are simply an anonymous person posting here.

It won't solve YOUR issue. If someone posts an issue that met the written requirements, there are suggestions that can be made. There have been a variety of people who qualified but something didn't work correctly and we've gave advice to them.

you are simply an anonymous person posting here.

Good point user #@BC51TFA, except I'm not anonymous, I have a name and a photo. You're the anonymous poster...

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Ahh Gary - 

The only one that seems confused about this issue is you. If you walk into a store with an offer posted all over the wall and say “I want to sign up for that” and the store says “ok”, that seems pretty straight forward to me. If I’m that customer and they then try to screw me over, game on. 

It’s interesting that prior to posting in this forum, I had made multiple calls to “ATT Customer Service”, whatever that is. Every single call, I believe three, ended with “you will see your credits shortly”, NEVER was the date mentioned. 

Yes Gary, you are consistently trying to blame the customer. Your continued harping about reading the date, knowing the date, etc is at best annoying and arrogant. Great you signed up on the 16th, the people posting here were mislead. You say your here to help?

Talk about confusing! You post the same questions to people, giving them hope that you can help and then scold them with how they screwed up.

Anonymous I am, maybe you are too. How does anyone know if that mug is yours? Or that Gary is your name? Maybe you could post your ATT pay stub or company ID to prove it. 

Im finished with this thread and forum. Best of luck to those looking for answers here! Be careful of the so called “Experts” that offer their version of help. 

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:

If you walk into a store with an offer posted all over the wall and say “I want to sign up for that” and the store says “ok”, that seems pretty straight forward to me. If I’m that customer and they then try to screw me over, game on. 

It sounded like you had a wonderful time with it I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make. That method did not work out well for you. It's a year later and you still seem to have "issues" with it.

I had made multiple calls to “ATT Customer Service”, whatever that is. Every single call, I believe three, ended with “you will see your credits shortly”, NEVER was the date mentioned. 

Yes, I gave you my theory on this on one of my very first replies to you (see post #7). "The reps tend to not like to give 'bad' news as they get yelled at and (probably more important) get rated low for the support...

This would be a typical polite brush off that customers seem to get when they have been wronged.

Yes Gary, you are consistently trying to blame the customer. Your continued harping about reading the date, knowing the date, etc is at best annoying and arrogant. Great you signed up on the 16th, the people posting here were mislead. 

The point I'm trying to make with the date is that I did the same steps as you, WHILE THE PROMO WAS VALID, and the credits worked properly. 

I sort of understand that me pointing out the facts of the offer somehow feels like blame to you, it's not what I said, but twist it how you may.

You say your here to help?

I can't help much if people didn't follow the offer and don't have details in writing. I can offer the truth as to what the issue is. I know that's not what you want to hear.

You were initially complaining about the runaround and many don't even know why they are getting the runaround. Once I point out the issue with your redemption you've got some facts. Otherwise people would still be calling and not even know why they are not getting the offer.

Initially, you completely left out that they realized their was an issue with the date of your promo when you initially purchased, this is key info and we didn't have it. You wouldn't have gotten the quiz had you posted that info 

THEN when we pointed out the date issue, you decided to start trying to tell us they extended the offer. No, someone incorrectly told you that the offer was through the 30th and you had it in your notes. But just because you got someone to honor it, that does not mean the promo was active.  Most people don't actually have that info in their notes.

How would we have helped YOU? Had we known that there was an issue with your purchase  date and that there supporting details were in your notes@ then the next step would have been mentioning trying to message @ATTMobilityCare, but you'd already messaged them at that point

Are you telling me once a few people were telling you it was date related (narrowed down by my questions) that you didn't change your strategy at all? You just kept calling and doing the same thing over and over again?

Talk about confusing! You post the same questions to people, giving them hope that you can help and then scold them with how they screwed up.

I didn't offer hope, I asked some questions. It's not my fault the answers I give are based on the steps that weren't followed!

FYI, the post I mentioned above, from a year ago, is the same one when I first told you the expiration date of this offer. I also said

"Sorry.

To be clear, I don't like to give bad news, but I figure (you) knowing the truth is better than not being able to figure out the problem."

And then you kept poking at me like it's my fault the sales rep lied to you.

Being lied to is EXACTLY why people should read the offer so that they don't get taken advantage of. 

Anonymous I am, maybe you are too. How does anyone know if that mug is yours? Or that Gary is your name? Maybe you could post your ATT pay stub or company ID to prove it. 

I don't work for AT&T. Employees are pretty clearly marked.

(I don't think they'd let me say a lot of the stuff I say about the reps if I was an employee)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.