Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
jbfoulks's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 2:12 AM

Closed

I HATE AT&T! DO NOT USE AT&T!

We recently bundled our services-Uverse Internet, Direct TV, and Wireless-We were told this would save us money. On our MyAT&T app, it showed our new bill as $519.00 when it sould have been no more than $250.00. Within a 30 day period, I had called AT&T over 10 times with different problems. I also spoke to 3 supervisors, all of whom assured me I would not have to worry about my bill anymore. Yeah, right. My most recent problem with the bill is that AT&T charged my debit card my total bill twice (I had to call after our autopay didin't work like I was assured it would when I spoke to a representative on a previous call). I called to inform them of the error and they refuned me the duplicate charge. Well, now my new bill says I owe for the past 2 months. An AT&T representative told me there records show all payments were refuned. I checked my bank's app and called my bank and was told, no, they only refuned you the one duplicate charge. So, AT&T did get my previous months payment. AT&T is a fraudulent company with no respect for their customers. I am only writing this note because I was just disconnected again while being transferred to the "department that could definitely fix my problems with the bill". And when no one called back (because AT&T taks a contact number in case you get disconnected, someone will call back) I called and was told by the automated service that the department was closed and I should call back durning buisness hours. My total time on the phone before being disconnected was 1 hour and 2 minutes. Like I said AT&T has terrible customer service. A mistake every once in a while I can understand, but when it's every few days and something is wrong, that is unacceptable. Not once has this comapny followed through with what they promised or attmpted to be accountable for their mistakes and poor service. So, tomorrow I will be back on the phone attempting to correct the trouble and mistakes AT&T has caused for my family. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Its' not worth your time, money, or frustration.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How it is with ATT so different and not transparent in information and service they provide
I wanted to unlock device, so as I happen to att store on unrelated issue I asked them procedure
- ATT store told that they can do it but first I need to pay remaining amount on phone which I did right there, but once I paid mount they informed me the rest of the procedure I need to do it on my own from computer

- I started doing it from computer at that time I came to know I need to wait 24 hrs

- I waited 24 hrs and then I tried again, website telling me the same error message that I need to pay for device first
- I called 611, they asked me to wait few more hours

- I tried online chat, same thing

- I end up waiting another 24 hrs and tried again, same error message

- I called customer service and they asked me to wait again, when I argued he stopped talking on phone at all but leaving line open

- I placed another call to customer service and this time name was Quel (not sure right or wrong), now she suggested for me to wait 15 days after some argument she suggested I might need to wait another 23 days to complete my billing cycle, now I tried searching in google in att.com and no where it mentioned. When I asked more information she suggested me to go to att store which was closed as Sunday, she suggested me to wait till Monday but then I have planned to fly out way early in Monday before store opens

- In short, online chat, 611 customer support, store - none of them provide full information and provide information which is not correct and have no mention on att.com site, so either they are stupid or they are not having/learning correct information

Result : Time to move out of att - put this out on social media, support Trump to stop ATT and TimeWarner merger, we cant let disoriented service go bigger then

Advise : Stay away from ATT if you are looking for good service

Irony : I was calling them using my att cell phone without speaker / headphone and they were complaining they are not able to hear me properly

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Impeach Trump and deport those dumb enough to have voted for the lying, cheating sack of sh^t. Deplorables is being kind.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

I am not a fan of AT&T either.

I’ve speak countless hours on the phone with them disputing billing issues, and cell phone service.  I drop 5+ calls a day. Today, I had a call dropped while standing in the AT&T store while talking to customer service. 

They did call call me back. Then told me that there is no guarantee that there service covers all areas all of the time. My argument is that I pay full price on time every time & expect the same from my service. I get the textbook response - I’m sorry but blah, blah, blah...

What I would like to do is return the phones to AT&T and try again with someone else - I had Verizon for years and no dropped call - not once. I was told that I would save money by bundling (have yet to see it). I was told today after being on the phone the 3rd time & 2 hours in - to upgrade my phones (which starts the contracts over again). They say there is no service contract and I can drop at any point, but they don’t tell you that you still have to pay off the phones. 

I just want a nice clean separation.

Dan

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not a fan of AT&T either.

I’ve speak countless hours on the phone with them disputing billing issues, and cell phone service.  I drop 5+ calls a day. Today, I had a call dropped while standing in the AT&T store while talking to customer service. 

They did call call me back. Then told me that there is no guarantee that there service covers all areas all of the time. My argument is that I pay full price on time every time & expect the same from my service. I get the textbook response - I’m sorry but blah, blah, blah...

What I would like to do is return the phones to AT&T and try again with someone else - I had Verizon for years and no dropped call - not once. I was told that I would save money by bundling (have yet to see it). I was told today after being on the phone the 3rd time & 2 hours in - to upgrade my phones (which starts the contracts over again). They say there is no service contract and I can drop at any point, but they don’t tell you that you still have to pay off the phones. 

I just want a nice clean separation.

Dan

You have 14 days after starting service to determine if it's going to for you and have a "nice clean separation" if it doesn't. 

After that, you are responsible for paying for the phones you purchased in full, whether you stay with AT&T or not. You bought them, they're yours, you have to pay. 

That said...if your service wasn't working in an AT&T store (company owned), then my money would be on some sort of phone malfunction, especially if everyone there had great service. Have you had anyone trouble shoot with you or suggest a warranty replacement (assuming it's been less than a year)?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous

If your service is poor and Verizon was great, what kind of nut upgrades phones?  Go back to Verizon.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Really?? Ok. I'll just pay off my account and switch phone service providers. Thank the good lord I was born into a rich family!! 

I'm SO embarrassed that I didn't think of that in the first place.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@shtycostomer wrote:

Really?? Ok. I'll just pay off my account and switch phone service providers. Thank the good lord I was born into a rich family!! 

I'm SO embarrassed that I didn't think of that in the first place.

Color your cheeks pink then!  😳

It does not take big bucks to have common sense and use caution when switching carriers.  I moved one line to AT&T 5 years ago to test service for a week before moving my other 5 lines, knowing it would cost me restock fees and some service costs.  Better those costs for 1 line and phone than for 6.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Me too! There access fee and admin fees are scams.... Their billing design is a formidable task for everyone but maybe designed on purpose. They completely scam their customers and no representative no what is going on. Been on a chat for two hours.... every month I have to talk to someone about something on ATT part....I just want out ASAP. I have been a loyal customer regardless of their bad behaviors sine 2004 and I just cant take it anymore..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@nataliebaba wrote:

Me too! There access fee and admin fees are scams.... Their billing design is a formidable task for everyone but maybe designed on purpose. They completely scam their customers and no representative no what is going on. Been on a chat for two hours.... every month I have to talk to someone about something on ATT part....I just want out ASAP. I have been a loyal customer regardless of their bad behaviors sine 2004 and I just cant take it anymore..

I will give you half.  The admin fee is excessive and just a way to increase profit.  

Access charges are charged in one form or another by every single carrier, ever account type.  Prepaid charges lump sum, postpaid charges ala carte.  Verizon operates exactly the same way with a high admin fee as well.  T-mobile prices itself like prepaid.  But you still pay a separate access charge for each device connected.  

The pricing in the last 2 years tries to mimic T-mobile and still stay ala carte.  The earlier plans were easier to calculate by the consumer.  

Of course t-mobile doesn’t price it’s plans online at all anymore. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My problems began last December 2018.  My remote failed, and I tried several times to order a replacement over the phone.  I even offered to go to a local AT&T service outlet to pick up a replacement but was told that would not be possible.  Finally after no remote I cancelled AT&T.  Since then I have had Spectrum and been very happy personally, but my wife wanted to go back to AT:&T because they had whole house DVR service rather than individual DVRS.  I reluctantly agreed to try to reestablish AT&T U-Verse service  However since the original overture, AT&T has missed its install dates four times.  While on the phone, I have been transferred around the world many times and never reached anyone with an American accent.  People, take this to the bank!  AT&T blows big time.  Don't make the mistake that I did.  Once you cut the cord, stay away.  AT&T is bad news!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.