Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
MEME3kids's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 10:37 PM

Closed

How to file a complaint with the Corporate Office

My situation is that I was setup on a payment arrangement for May 4th. My paycheck was delay switch made me break the payment arrangement. I had it set up to pay $220.00 which I have already paid $150.00 of that amount before May 4th. The amount left was $70.00 this would have taken care of my March. I called today 5/10/17 @ 5:05pm to make a payment to get my phones turn back it someone in the finance department talking about I have to pay the full amount of $413.86 in order to get my service turn back on this is my April bill which was due on April 28th. It is May 10th I am on 10 days past due and you are tell me that AT&T is making me pay a full amount to keep my service on. I am a single mom of 3 girls, AT&T is making me choose between paying my rent or turning my cell phones back on. It is not fear how you get treated here at AT&T. Sprint and T-mobile have never done this type of sh&^ to me. I should have just stay with Sprint. AT&T you need to change somethings if you break your payment arrangements and you are 2 months behind as long as you pay your 1 1/2 of your bill you should still be able to get your service turn back on. Tell your Customer Service Rep in Finance Department they need some training on how to speak to customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am writing to file a complaint regarding repair issues with our landlines. We are a small business with 3 lines, two of our phone lines were not working  since yesterday (1/18/19). We have called repair and they told us the earliest they can send a technician will be on Jan. 22, 2019. We were on hold for more than an hour to speak with customer service hoping they can expedite the schedule of repair. We called at 4:40 P.M., and a representative picked up the phone at 5:45 p.m. A representative by the name of Eric (refused to give the last name) was not very helpful and rude. We were explaining to him that we were on hold for more than an hour and hoping we can get a sooner date than Jan. 22nd, he keeps telling me that the soonest date a technician can come to our business and there's nothing he can do about it. I have asked  for a supervisor and he keeps telling me there's no supervisor available. We have been an AT & T customer for the more than 30 years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am filing a complaint against at&t. For starters, I've been treated very disrespectfully. My internet and cable was suppose to be installed February 1st. They never showed up. So the following day I see a at&t van parked about 20feet from my building, thinking okay I'm gunna be next. Nope they leave.I call at&t at 1:30p.m and was on the phone with them trying to get someone out to install my service that was suppose to be installed the day before, they gave me the run around. Saying they can't call dispatch and they have no available times for that day and pretty much any excuse in the book. Now it's 6pm in the evening , STILL on the phone with at&t & Mr.Sin says he's working on getting someone out here and to keep our phone lines available in case a technician calls, still during all this time I'm on the phone with at&t trying to figure out what is going on. Now it's 10:30pm and I get informed that no one is going to be able to make it out. So not only am I completely frustrated that I wasted my WHOLE day on the phone arguing with this call center that at&t decided to setup in ASIA but I'm completely aggravated that they lied & said someone would be out here once again and then no one comes. So now it's the 3rd day that I'm confused on why I still have no one at my home installing. I started calling about 10am and they tell me yes we have repair technicians out but they are on a schedule and can't come today. But in the meantime give me more run arounds and excuses and I was on the phone with them for 3 more hours .So I leave my house and go to an at&t store and the manager tells me that the way I have been treated and the way y'all have handled this is completely ridiculous but that someone will come tomorrow. So now again being put off another day. They come hook my internet and cable up but I'm suppose to have fiber not uverse but somehow I get hooked up to uverse . Now I'm sitting in my house and my internet won't even connect to my daughter's smart TV. It doesn't even show up. So now once again back on the phone with at&t, been on the phone again for 4 hours and no solution. So not only am I completely fed up and over this situation.this has been run around after run around and complete disrespect to me being a costumer. Then I get told, oh we will wave your $35 activation fee. At this point at&t better be waving more then a $35 fee for all this chaos. I am over it & if I would have known it was going to be this way I would have stuck with cable one. I NEVER had any issues with them. So I waited a whole day for at&t to show up the first day never did, second day I get lied to multiple times by MULTIPLE different managers that work for this at&t company and get a complete run around and false hope that someone was coming. Third day, spent more hours fighting this issue and just being completely lied to over and over AGAIN. Fourth day, technicichian gets here and says the terminal was already hooked up, but after all the phone calls and going back and forth they tried telling me it’s not, & not only that but I’m still confused on why I have uverse instead of fiber like it was suppose to be. So at this moment I’m sitting on the phone again with at&t trying to figure out why my WiFi is not working. This company is a scam & this has been COMPLETELY ridiculous all the way around. It was at&t mess up from the get go by not showing up the first day but now having all this stuff I am having to deal with STILL at this moment is just stupid. I have NEVER EVER dealt with such inconsiderate people and company. I do not recommend at&t for anyone. And I am completely disappointed with how I’ve been treated and the fact that at&t thinks that waving $35 is going to satisfy me after all the inconvenience they have put me through is silly. Bc I will not keep this service if this is how it is. Now once again, I am sitting here 9:40 at night and none of your costumer service ppl can fix the problem. A technician will come out Wednesday that’s the soonest time available. I can’t take off another day of work for yalls screw ups. I am completely infuriated by how awful this service has treated me and how inconsiderate at&t is. Clearly do not care about costumer service and clearly do not care that your costumers are satisfied or dissatisfied. I’m over it. I’m to the point that I want to throw the at&t boxes out into the wet yard and be done . This is the worst service I have ever come across and I can't even believe I trusted this company to give them a chance. This has been an AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL experience!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am filling a complaint with anyone there who will have the common decency to just listen. I closed my auto pay on February 9th. Simple right? I called to double check that it had actually been discontinued, I asked the representative 3 different times if the auto pay was discontinued to which he said YES. On February 19th the payment was taken from my checking account again. Was it discontinued, NO. Money was taken from my account that AT&T had not permission to take because the account had been closed. Now the fun begins. I, believe it or not spent a total of three hours on the phone and talked with 16 different AT&T representatives about this issue. NONE, NONE OF THEM were able to resolve the issue. AT&T took monies from my account that they had no business taking.You would have thought that after all the aggravation I went though trying to get this money put back into my account that someone out of the 16 REPRESENTATIVES that I spoke with would have tried to help a customer. Your customer service really is despicable.

Thank you for nothing! By the way I will tell everyone I can tell that AT&T are thieves DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, NEVER!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ddrgoldsmith wrote:

I am filling a complaint with anyone there who will have the common decency to just listen

This is not AT&T.   The community is primarily a customer populated forum .

I closed my auto pay on February 9th. Simple right?   How?    Turning off prepaid auto pay is done in the paygonline account and will stop payments and terminate service with no further obligation.  This you can do yourself (see photo).  Prepaid is self managed. 

Stopping auto pay does NOT terminate postpaid service.  

I called to double check that it had actually been discontinued, I asked the representative 3 different times if the auto pay was discontinued to which he said YES. On February 19th the payment was taken from my checking account again.

If this is a postpaid account, you apparently owed, so why wouldn’t you expect to pay ?  

Was it discontinued, NO. Money was taken from my account that AT&T had not permission to take because the account had been closed.  Closed how?   

Now the fun begins. I, believe it or not spent a total of three hours on the phone and talked with 16 different AT&T representatives about this issue. NONE, NONE OF THEM were able to resolve the issue. AT&T took monies from my account that they had no business taking.You would have thought that after all the aggravation I went though trying to get this money put back into my account that someone out of the 16 REPRESENTATIVES that I spoke with would have tried to help a customer. Your customer service really is despicable.

Thank you for nothing! By the way I will tell everyone I can tell that AT&T are thieves DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, NEVER!

9395A307-8DD7-4FF1-A2D3-4AF3C99DA38F.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

image.jpg

I added three new lines and I bought the iPhone max and the iPhone xr was free so was the Galaxy S7. I have four lines and I'm only supposed to pay for two phone's the max and the thinq. Total for the month is supposed to be 185.00 with taxes 196.10. I'm on a fixed income I wouldn't sign up for something I couldn't afford the pictures show proof. My first bill was 334.87  this month is 250.30 what the freakI was on the phone with a representative for two hours and Jason said my bill will be adjusted but it isn't. How can I pay for a free phone. I ask to speak with a supervisor and I get the the run around u ask for a manager s and they say there's not one in. How. My bill keeps getting higher and higher. I don't understand Today 3-11-19 I was told it would be fixed I've literally spent 3:38 hours on the phone with att. Att is turning out to be a horrible nightmare.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Msaimee313 wrote:

image.jpg

I added three new lines and I bought the iPhone max and the iPhone xr was free so was the Galaxy S7. I have four lines and I'm only supposed to pay for two phone's the max and the thinq. Total for the month is supposed to be 185.00 with taxes 196.10. I'm on a fixed income I wouldn't sign up for something I couldn't afford the pictures show proof. My first bill was 334.87  this month is 250.30 what the freakI was on the phone with a representative for two hours and Jason said my bill will be adjusted but it isn't. How can I pay for a free phone. I ask to speak with a supervisor and I get the the run around u ask for a manager s and they say there's not one in. How. My bill keeps getting higher and higher. I don't understand Today 3-11-19 I was told it would be fixed I've literally spent 3:38 hours on the phone with att. Att is turning out to be a horrible nightmare.

Credits for "free" phones will start 3 billing cycles after the purchase. 

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Msaimee313 wrote:

image.jpg

I replied yesterday:

I added three new lines and I bought the iPhone max and the iPhone xr was free so was the Galaxy S7. I have four lines and I'm only supposed to pay for two phone's the max and three thinq I was on the phone with a representative for two hours and Jason said my bill will be adjusted but it isn't. How can I pay for a free phone. I ask to speak with a supervisor and I get the the run around u ask for a manager s and they say there's not one in. How. My bill keeps getting higher and higher. I don't understand 

The only phone that would qualify for credits as a bogo is the iPhone XR.   Bogo require 2 phones from the same maker. You listed 3 different manufacturers.  

Credit on the phone starts after 3 months. 

Now the math:   $120 per your paper above.   

Plus installments, $25, $31, $36 if you got base models.  

Adds up to $212 before taxes.  You will get credits after 3 months on the one phone, so -31, which takes it to about 181 before taxes.

add $5/6 per line for taxes, and your bill is spot on at $250.   

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi,

I am filing a complaint because calling an speaking with multiple people on day/night shifts and in a store did not resolve the issue (NC). Where I live does not have very good service nor many carriers to choose from for Wireless service so I choose to go with ATT. After speaking with a representative about the phone service, he took and VERIFIED all my information including the ADDRESS.  I allowed ATT to run a credit check (which made my Credit Score drop 12 points!!!!!!!). He (Aaron) came back on the line informing me there was not a down payment needed and there was this cool promotion for an IPhone 7. COOL, Right. Yes and a birthday present for me!!! Instead of using my own phone, which is what I intended to do I decided to take the Promo for $5 a month plus the monthly fee of $50. Still sounds cool to me. $55/month with 15G of Hotspot. We finalized everything and even waived the activation fee (Super nice of him). I was to receive the phone by April 16, 2019 in the mail. Awesome!!! I get a new phone and working service so of course did not have to worry about paying the bill for the other carrier I was NOT receiving service in my area. Here comes April 16th, 2019 late afternoon and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO phone was delivered. Called ATT to see the issue. The female representative stated the phone was being shipped back to warehouse where it was shipped from. Of course i questioned her. She asked me to verify my mailing address. I did. She then stated oh the address is wrong. I asked how!!???? The rep took all the information and verified it as we went along. The wrong address(home number) she provided me DOES NOT EXIST!!!!! If the rep asked for my address several different times to verify coverage HOW did this happen?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. After female rep and i were on the phone for a little. She spoke with her Sup too. Stating There was nothing they could do. I asked if I could pick up in Durham or Raleigh before it was shipped further out. The answer was NO. OH, and my account was not going to be credited until they received the phone back to the TX location. My only option from the rep since the account number, phone number and phone were canceled all of the sudden was to run my info/CREDIT AGAIN. WHAT are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! (YOUR REP INPUTTED THE WRONG INFO AND SOMEHOW I AM THE ONE WHO IS HAVING TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS.???)  Since there was nothing else to do, rep said i needed to go to a local ATT Corporate store because the system would not let her run my info again. I needed to bring a form of ID and the Account number. Ok, fine. If they have the phone in the store you can receive it then and not have to wait and they should not have to run again if you bring this info. Waited some time called ATT customer service the next morning. This female rep was super nice and looked into everything, evening informing me of some other info and the credit did not have to be run again she checked with her Sup ( felt much better, I have worked sooo hard paying off the debt my EXHUSBAND left me to raise my credit over the past 2 years...all I am seeing is it declining faster then it took to bring up) all i needed was the ACCOUNT NUMBER AND A PHOTO ID. Called the closest ATT store to see if they phone was in stock, if not I was BYOP, intended to do in the first place, because I did not want to drive 20 mins out of my way for nothing. Female rep at the store said I was informed wrong. I would have to come into the store for ID verification, but she would have to re-run my credit and set up everything else again. WORSE SERVICE EVER!!. ALL BECAUSE AN ATT REPRESENTATIVE DID NOT COMPLETELY VERIFY WHAT HE WAS DOING, sure he was in his phone not paying complete attention.  I AM LEFT WITHOUT SERVICE/ OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER CUT OFF FOR THIS SUPPOSED NEW PHONE SERVICE, NO BIRTHDAY PRESENT which would have been a plus AND AGGRAVATED!!! All I was looking for was reliable wireless service. Unfortunately, I see you are not reliable.

ATT do you have any words for your employees mishap in causing an UNHAPPY to be customer

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need to file a corporate complaint. I purchase phones in December 24. And another January 6. I was told I was under the price protection and would receive the phones under the bogo. I even called back once I got the terms and conditions because there was a price there before I accepted and was told it would correct itself once phone was activated. I called again in January about my bill having the charge. I also called in February and I was issued a credit and told it would take a few billing cycles to see the credit for the bogo. I’m may as I was still being charged I called again and the agent said that all the notes were placed on the account starting with day of purchase but no one had sent the form to back office to make the change. She did it and said it would take a few weeks but be fixed. Today I get a call from a really nasty agent who tells me that even though it’s documented on the account that I’ve been calling in since January when I purchased the phone and every month after that because it’s May when they received the form it’s too late it’s past the 90 period to do it. That’s not my fault that’s att agents fault they didn’t submit it and this is after telling me yes she she’s where they account is documented every month but it’s nothing to be done now because it’s May the agents should have done it before April in the 90 window. How can I be punished and made to pay for a phone because the agents didn’t complete their part and clearly be told they say where it was suppose to be done but it was until May. I will be filing a complaint and I plan on taking it to court because that’s 1000 dollars and that’s now right. 

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Whipple86 I'm adding @ATTCares here, to see if they can jump-in, and help you get this "straight", it definitely sounds like you got hosed, by the timing here (on the ATT side of things).

If they aren't able to help, your next-best step is to file a BBB complaint, which usually loops in the OOP CS.  I'm betting Cares will be able to do the job there though!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.