For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dc8610's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 10:26 PM

Changed my plan without consent

I called att today to see why my rollover gigs had gone away on my 30 gig family share plan. Well I was told that my plan was changed to a 30 gig advantage plan with no overages. I asked who authorized this plan change since I’m the only one with access to the account and they couldn’t give me a straight answer. Then I was told that well maybe the agent felt like I would be better off on this plan that’s why it could of been changed. Like really? When does an agent have the right to say when I need to change my plan. I got the run around for an hour and a half then finally I was told I couldn’t go back to my plan because it was a grandfather plan. So after getting transferred 5 times and having to start all over again I spoke with a lady that supposedly opened a case to get me back on my original plan then she said she fixed it but I have yet to see my online account update. Keeping my fingers crossed....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

1.  No, we don’t work for At&t.  This is a customer populated forum, not support, not At&t.  Where is this “pay” I’m getting?   

2.  This is hardly unprecedented.  Both Verizon and At&t have raised prices on existing plans.  Sprint has always done this - they are like cable, your intro price doesn’t last.   

3.  This is NOT a new plan.  It’s a price increase.  

4a.   You’re a long time customer and don’t know the number for At&t?

4b.   If you call and cancel you lose your numbers.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It’s a forum where you help people if they need help. You can’t even provide a number to cancel service ? I am not going to lower myself to your level ... because you still don’t understand .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

Look in your contact list.  Your At&t service numbers have always been there.  HOWEVER.  

Here is your 4b FYI.  You don’t call At&t to cancel.   Don’t, if you want to keep your numbers.  

You port your numbers out with your account number and PIN.  

I’m a customer, not here to enable you, not required to help.   There is no special number to call.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Tiberiu wrote:
You are getting paid by AT&T to say all this stuff.

No. You are incorrect.

You are not getting my point. Is not about the money . It’s about business practice . You are changing something that I was happy with . If I go over the 15gb oh well I’ll pay the fees but don’t push me a new plan down my throat when I don’t ask for it . 

AT&T does this poorly in my opinion.

1. They should just raise the cost and not give any more data, as when they change the amount of data, people get upset because the plan "changed". People understand price changes, but not plan changes.
  2. AT&T "names" their plans with the amount of data, unlike cable companies. Cable companies have a plan name like "extreme" cable and change the channels you get (removing channels you love) and charge more and people seem to understand this just fine (so I guess people DO understand "plan changes"). If your data plan name was the "medium plan", AT&T could change the data and the price whenever they want.

FYI, this is pretty new of AT&T: For the 12 years that I've been with them, other than the last 18 months, I can only think of one plan they've ever changed the cost of (the unlimited plan that they stopped offering 9-ish years ago).

Do me a favor ... give me the att phone number where I can cancel service

611. But if you call, you lose your number. You'll want to port to another carrier first to not lose your number.

Isn’t At&T about making customers happy? Do I sound happy to you ? 

Where did you get this tidbit? They are a corporation, they have a fiduciary responsibility to make money for their owners/shareholders.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They changed my plan also. I got a email telling me it was a summary for my order. I did not order anything. I did not ask for it. I did chat with the rep online. I was told I was granfathered.  I was under the understanding when you are grandfathered in the plan is no loner available but I should be able to keep the plan I have.  They have a term for what they did and it is called slamming. I have been slammed by AT&T. I was online with the chat feature with a rep and he went and got his supervisor because he wasn't allowed to change it back. His name was Cielo. He passed me off to his supervisor Mary(the supervisor).  Mary said she would get back with me. I don't think I will get my original plan back. I have not heard back from them.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I am switching to t-mobile . It will save me $50 a month on my bill . Sorry AT&T . You are to greedy... poor business tactics increase my bill

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

It will save me $50 a month on my bill .

Congratulations. You'll get a corresponding nationwide drop in coverage and call quality. You get what you pay for.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Tiberiu wrote:
I am switching to t-mobile . It will save me $50 a month on my bill . Sorry AT&T . You are to greedy... poor business tactics increase my bill

I’ve got t-mobile quotes several times.  They cannot beat my At&t bill and they have TERRIBLE coverage where I live and work.  It’s 3g, fair coverage at best in the Farmington valley.    If they improve coverage, I’ll be signing up before their price goes up.  But as it stands now, they are cheaper because they have to be, they cannot compete coverage wise.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

What works for me my not work for you 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Then they need to stop calling it grandfathered and just call it for what it is a rate increase and the plan has been discontinued.  Did your parents teach you to be obnoxious with your responses.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.