For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mimishirl55's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 8:00 PM

AT&T Switcher Program and Young America

I would like to know how AT&T and Young America are connected? Somebody is living up to their promises. AT&T offers what they call the "Switcher" program and you're promised a rebate if you switch from your old provider to AT&T. They discount your first bill and then promise to pay the remaining balance on your smartphone with a rival company through a card you can use like a credit card, much like a pre-paid Visa. Out of several phone calls I made to AT&T and several chat sessions, I got one representative that was somewhat helpful but still no answers. She said I met all the criteria and submitted all the correct paperwork but she didn't know why it took 3 submissions and then why the submissions are stuck in limbo and still have to be approved even though she said I met all the requirements. I've paid my bills on time. I feel like AT&T duped me into switching and I feel like this is a scam-whether it's a scam on AT&T's part or Young America's part, I'm not sure. 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

They got me too! $2000 later, stay away!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I feel duped by Young America also!  I have been waiting over 5 months for my rebate to be processed. I uploaded the information requested and mailed in the requested information TWICE!  I have spoken to Jerry and Mario at Young America, have been put on hold for over 20 minutes and still no rebate!!  I am sorry I ever switched...Should have stayed with Verizon!!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I contacted the BBB, and what a shocker...it shows my rebates were mailed on 9/23.  What state are these mailed from?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

The main office for Young Ameriaca (I believe) is in Canada but they have an office in the U.S.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Same thing is going on with me. It has been 6 months since I turned in 2 phones and we have yet to get our money. I have called AT&T and Young America numerous times and get a new made up story every time. We were told it would be 4 weeks and we would get a credit on the account then 5-8 weeks and it would be a visa card then 6-12 weeks then 3 months of good standing on our account then I was told they already sent it. AT&T said they approved it and sent it to Young America and Young America said they were waiting on AT&T to approve it. Then we were told to go to the retail location and they would cut a check right there.A week later we got a letter stating they never recieved a trade in. After a few more calls the new story was that the final bill was unreadable and that is why it couldn't be processed. Just now the new story was the trade-in value was less than $10 so it did not qualify. 

Both AT&T and Young America are horrible at customer service. I am reporting the phones as stolen and filing a case in court against both of them. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I turn anyone I know away from AT&T

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

It's definitely a scam, I spent 3 hours on the phone with them today trying to find out why I haven't received my refund. Young america disconnected with me a few different times, some of their representatives could find my information and some could not. They sent me around in circles, back and forth from at&t customer service and back to their office. Had numerous conference calls that mysteriously got disconnected. They pretty much did this so I got so exhausted that the only option was to give up. 

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Been trying to get paid since last march and getting thr run around from both ATT & Young America. This is a scam. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Are you kidding!!! Been afer my payment since last march and called over 25 times.  Getting the run around from ATT & Young America. Definitely a scam.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Absolutely it is
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.