Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
javish25's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 6:11 PM

Closed

AT&T Smart Label Tracking

I returned my damaged phone via instructions from AT&T, with a prepaid label on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.  I took the package to a US Post Office in my city.  I have been checking the tracking at: www.tracking.smartlabel.com per my instructions.  However, there is no information about my returned package,

I received a text message reminder from AT&T to return my damaged device. Not sure what is going on with the Smart Label System, but I returned this device a week ago.  Not sure what to do at this point!  I WILL NOT be paying for a phone I already returned!!! 

Has anyone else experienced this same issues?  If yes, how did you resolve your issue?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Same is happening to me received my replacement on the 3/19 put in to mail on 3/21 don't have my receipt anymore and I'm on the hook for $700, they say they don't know what the tracking number was that was sent in the box only the post office does. I don't believe that at all the company tracks everything and I mean everything. And they don't know what the USPS tracking was that was in the box I'm very upset. 

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

Yep. It's very very upsetting and kinda hard to believe. From what I'm
learning from others with this same ridiculous problem. Broken phones don't
seem to ever get there. Working phones surprisingly don't get lost.
Seriously?! Feeling very very screwed over by AT&T. If it can be done
without costing me another small fortune I'm getting the heck away from
these people.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

I sent mine regular mail and it tracked after 6 or 7 days.

I had an issue with being on the hook for $569.00, $100 more than my device new, $100 more than the newer iPad 6, and for defective device That I bought new, I received a $250 refurbished one.

So, I never got to have a new working device and if anything happened to my defective, returned device they would make a 250% profit, + full price I paid for defective device originally.

I call it mail fraud, holding me to twice the value of the replacement device they send.

Ridiculous scam.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

Still no recognition of the ridiculous make believe tracking number provided by "smart label". Smart is right, so smart nobody can find it! $509 for a phone I don't have. Outrageous.

Recently I've learned that this fraudulous scam isn't unique to AT&T. Verizon has the same deal going. Who exactly is behind this? Smart Label? The $509 certainly went to AT&T!

Many questions about this whole thing. Main one being whet the heck is my phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same here. We returned an Iphone X 12/27 and the phone has still not been located. Finally received tracking number from ATT, but it says unknown. Happened to send my own hard drive back on a warranty for a different company at the exact same time we dropped this off at USPS and had them both scanend in. Hard drive was received immediately and credited back to us in January. Iphone still a mystery. We have called so many times and just get the run around. They are charging us 1000 for Iphone X. What can I do? I'm so tired of this. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Having the exact same issue. Handed it to USPS on Feb28th. Their tracking says it was picked up by the returns agent on Mar1st. But ATT charged me $400 for not receiving it. Such a scam! Not only are they charging us , but making the customers run around behind the shippers is non sense. I have ATT customer for 30+ years but will switch next year. Have had enough of this crap customer service!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

2DB1E348-7B8B-4806-BF00-BA1EA39FAC68.jpegDispute notification

E1CE0FAF-DFCC-461A-B089-FEA573E3D35C.jpeg

FYI - I explained my grievance and mailed this to the specified address and I received an email and a call from Vice Preseident’s representative who is researching my situation. She told me she would have an offering of resolution to settle my dispute in 48 hours. So much better than dealing with customer service and the run around. 

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks . Where did you get the form ? 

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

I tried that last week and could NOT get the thing to download! Trying again!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

We we returned our phones, got tracking numbers, followed the package to AT&T warehouse, tracking numbers verify they have their phones, keep telling us they do not. But it gets better, talked to another AT&T representative, he says “ Oh we have them “, Called a couple days later to see why we still being charged for phones, again they say they don’t have them. I spiked to a supervision at the USPS, they were excellent, told me the carrier who picks up AT&T’s merchandise is a company called Newgistics.  The post office had confirmation that they indeed picked up package containing the phones. Since I shared this info with AT&Twe should be getting our money back

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.