For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
javish25's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 6:11 PM

Closed

AT&T Smart Label Tracking

I returned my damaged phone via instructions from AT&T, with a prepaid label on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.  I took the package to a US Post Office in my city.  I have been checking the tracking at: www.tracking.smartlabel.com per my instructions.  However, there is no information about my returned package,

I received a text message reminder from AT&T to return my damaged device. Not sure what is going on with the Smart Label System, but I returned this device a week ago.  Not sure what to do at this point!  I WILL NOT be paying for a phone I already returned!!! 

Has anyone else experienced this same issues?  If yes, how did you resolve your issue?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @javish25

I’m sorry to hear your device is not yet showing as having been returned successfully. This is an understandable concern. I’d be happy to help! Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information?

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell number
  • Tracking number
  • Device IMEI (if known)

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am experiencing this same issue. Was your problem resolved? If so, how?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am currently experiencing the same issue and have been trying to figure out how to resolve this for the past month or so.  I've attempted to msg you via the link, but it isn't working for some reason.  Please help.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue. Very distressing because I mailed the damaged phone per the instructions at my local USPS on 8/19 and got a text reminder on Saturday 8/22.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

All I can say is that obviously AT&T has some sort of issue with their return phones. My best advice is to continue calling! And do your due dillegence.. I called USPS and opened an investigation case and was told to submit a Mail Recovery Report. This report had to be given directly to the USPS lcoation but I also made a copy for AT&T. I spoke with so many different people at AT&T and got no where. The more persistent I was, the better it got. Finally I spoke with someone who told me after reading all of the notes on my account and seeing the number of times I called in that I would not owe any money if the warehouse did not receive my phone since I used the mailing label that AT&T provided. I was firm with AT&T and continued to reiterate that I would not pay for a phone that was no longer in my possesion and that had a label on it from them. After more than a dozen calls they finally had it removed from my bill.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Good news; I went onto newgistics tracking site yesterday (8/25) and it showed that the phone is in transit. So it went from a very concerning "unknown" to actually displaying tracking information about 6 days later.

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

8 years ago

I've had this issue 3 times. One time they charged me almost 500 for the phone. I had to dispute it. They refunded the charge. However the stress I had to go through while waiting to see if they received the package was unnecessary.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

it is not a return issue. it is a scam. look how many people have the same proble. ATT blamses the post office. They just want to charge the customer $300. the smart label is purposely not trackable. it is chrystal cear

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

i shipped mine out on 12/24. I called them on 1/1/16 and they told me the post office is the problem. My blood was boiling,. This calls for a [Edited to comply with Guidelines]suit and it is the only way that they will learn....CAUTION. Do not use their smart label. get the address of it and pay the $5 at the post office with the USPS racking number and send the smart label to the nearest trash can. WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry. Called then on 1/2/2016...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.