Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
maxx12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2016 12:04 AM

AT&T MISLEADING OFFER OF $650 CREDIT TO SWITCH FROM OTHER CARRIER

@ATTMobilityCare please help me get the forms to submit to att.com/helpyouswitch so I can recieve my $650 credit.  I have tried all the links online the sites don't work.  I have called customer service they can't help and keep sending me into the Corporate offices with the final bill and they can't do it.  When they did try, it came back with a Ref Code of *. On 4/29/16 the corporate office did say if customer service could email me the forms that could probably submit it or would at least try.  Customer Service couldn't even do that.  I should have never switched to att this has been a huge waste of time.  I will not pay att anymore until they make good on this offer and maybe switch back to the old carrier. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@PrimalHomer   If you have your final bill, with all ETF or device payments shown, take that to an ATT company store and have them help you upload it.  They should be able to identify it correctly.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I switched over in March I was told I would get the 650 for my daughters phone and the 250 for mine.. I ended up receiving 380 dollars!! Seriously???? I have been raging mad over this!! If I would have known they were going to lie and screw me over I would have stayed with Verizon!!  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same here!! I am sooooo mad and upset they lied to me!! 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@erinsn77 wrote:

I switched over in March I was told I would get the 650 for my daughters phone and the 250 for mine.. I ended up receiving 380 dollars!! Seriously???? I have been raging mad over this!! If I would have known they were going to lie and screw me over I would have stayed with Verizon!!  

1. How much did they give you (credit or whatever) for YOUR phone when you turned it in?
  2. How much did they give you (credit or whatever) for YOUR DAUGHTER'S phone when you turned it in?
  3. How much did they give you (credit or whatever) for YOUR phone after you sent in your final bill?
  4. How much did they give you (credit or whatever) for YOUR DAUGHTER'S after you sent in final bill?
  5. Did you buy NEW phones for BOTH you and your daughter?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We traded in 3 phones - two like-new S7's (mine and my wife's) which wre
both less than 6 months old, always in a case, and in pristine shape.
Daughter had an older one, still in good shape, but not worth much. We
bought 2 new S7's. We finally got some money back, but it sure wasn't the
$650 promised.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Verizon is lesser of the evil monopolies

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

7 years ago

@rebatelies wrote:
Verizon is lesser of the evil monopolies

If there is more than one "evil," by definition it can't be a monopoly.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@jobowker

Way back in April you posted you owed $960 to Verizon on 2 phones, and I asked you how much you got for trade in credits...  no reply from you.  

You didn't have a balance of $650 on either phone, so you were never promised $650.   Never.

The offer is UP TO $650.  The offer is to buy out your phones only.  The first part of the buy out was the trade in credits, the remainder as a final bill reimbursement as a Visa card 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

So I did exactly what the promotion says I ported my number traded my device and bought one on AT&T next and mailed in the phone balance with my previous carrier and my promotion was denied stating that I received the max for my trade in phone value....that is
Not what the promotion mentions....if it does...can anyone someone point that out to me???

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

The same thing happen to me
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.