Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
ajwdct's profile

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 10:32 PM

UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide!

During last night's (10:25pm Pacific time Oct 19th) set top box (STB) firmware update, the Channel Short Cuts function for the on screen tv guide was eliminated.  That means you can NO LONGER view tv channels by category to see what's on at any given time, e.g. SPORTS, NEWS, VARIETY, MOVIES, LOCAL, GOVT, etc

There were many ON SCREEN GUIDE CHANGES for which Uverse TV customers didn't receive any notification of + TV service was interrupted for 5 to 7 minutes during tv prime time watching.  Yet customers receive plenty of promotional Uverse emails, but no notification of a very serious change to the STB functionality?

Also, my Favorite channels were deleted & I had to manually restore them.

This comes <2 weeks after a Uverse Residential GW firmware update deleted the 2 WiFi networks I had configured.  A tech had to be dispatched to recreate them as no one at the 800 # or any tech managers were aware of the bug in the Res GW update that deleted configured WiFi channels and reset the WiFi AP/Router in the GW to the single default WiFi network & password.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

When I click the ENTER button, I get a Channel Search option, not Channel Shortcuts. Not sure why my view is different but I don't seem to have access to any pre-sorted view of the channels anymore. Search is fine if I know exactly what I want but other than that, it's not very helpful at all. Considering the regular Search behaves the same way, the specific Channel Search is redundant. Trending doesn't really work the same way either.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

When I click the ENTER button, I get a Channel Search option, not Channel Shortcuts. Not sure why my view is different but I don't seem to have access to any pre-sorted view of the channels anymore. Search is fine if I know exactly what I want but other than that, it's not very helpful at all. Considering the regular Search behaves the same way, the specific Channel Search is redundant. Trending doesn't really work the same way either.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I used to be able to hear the TV just fine when our volume is at 25. Now since the last update I have to turn my TV update to 75 just to be comfortable watching it. I tried to reset the receiver and that didn't work.  I also tried to troubleshooting on the TV (reset sound volume option) and that did not work either. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why did you change the format. I never surfed the channels in the guide, I searched them by type. So I could look at just news, variety, learning, etc. That feature is gone now and I would like it back, please.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Since the change today, the volume is much lower. We would usually keep the tv volume on 12, and it was loud. Now we have it on 27, and our tv doesn't go up in volume from there. What's going on?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Just posted we are having the same issue. UGH! Fix it AT&T!!

Employee

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

sometimes the box volume itself gets lowered somehow, and the only way to is to use unprogrammed at&t remote to raise the volume again. heres how to unprogram your remote to give it a shot. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1000944. which remote do you have? i can help you also re-program it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Yesterday, the last button function changed from just the last channel watched previously to a menu of five of the last watched channels, from which you can select what "Last" channel to watch.  Is this a new feature, did I hit an unknown button, can I change it back to just last???

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Jwd600,

What connection type are you using to your TV (HDMI/Component)? Also, check your receiver settings to make sure they are not on surround sound.

-ATTU-verseCare

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@mikegb - To return the LAST button to normal function - MENU- system options- Recent panel setttings

You can select from the last five channels viewed by pressing the UP arrow.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.